Is this on target

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Is this on target

Post by ronnie35 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm

URBAN TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Licensing Company with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

Please listen to the following examples to get an idea of what could potentially work for this request:

KUWTK | E! (From 0:10- 0:41)

Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood (From 1:40 - 2:02)

Basketball Wives LA (From 0:37-1:19)

Please send contemporary Instrumental Cues that are built around Urban/Hip-Hop beats and that tell the audience some drama is about to go down! Build your Cues around a central, tension-inducing melody that will sit easily behind a scene’s dialogue. Add new elements as they progress to create a sense of forward movement and development. Please avoid anything that sounds busy, as it could potentially interfere with dialogue.

All submissions should be about 1:30 in length, give or take, with Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumental Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit.

Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, November 19th, 2019. TAXI #D191119UT

Submit to this listing TAXI # D191119UT

Favorite It is called MR. LIMOUSINE DRIVER Http://www.soundcloud.com/777rd thanks Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is this on target

Post by DBarnett » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:33 pm

Hey Ron,
I'm no expert in this genre either but man it sounds good to me, real clean, good balance Cheers

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Post by tresero » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:42 pm

ronnie35 wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:24 pm
URBAN TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Licensing Company with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

Please listen to the following examples to get an idea of what could potentially work for this request:

KUWTK | E! (From 0:10- 0:41)

Love & Hip Hop: Hollywood (From 1:40 - 2:02)

Basketball Wives LA (From 0:37-1:19)

Please send contemporary Instrumental Cues that are built around Urban/Hip-Hop beats and that tell the audience some drama is about to go down! Build your Cues around a central, tension-inducing melody that will sit easily behind a scene’s dialogue. Add new elements as they progress to create a sense of forward movement and development. Please avoid anything that sounds busy, as it could potentially interfere with dialogue.

All submissions should be about 1:30 in length, give or take, with Non-Faded, Button/Stinger endings. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumental Cues you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit.

Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, November 19th, 2019. TAXI #D191119UT

Submit to this listing TAXI # D191119UT

Favorite It is called MR. LIMOUSINE DRIVER Http://www.soundcloud.com/777rd thanks Ron
Not really my genre, but it sounds good. The only note I would make is maybe it's a little to harmonically bright. I get the urban, but I'm not getting a ton of tension.

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm

I wonder if removing the claps would add to the tension or using them sparsely

tresero
Impressive
Impressive

Post by tresero » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:13 pm

DBarnett wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm
I wonder if removing the claps would add to the tension or using them sparsely
That would help, but I think it's a dissonance issue. Again, I don't know urban really, just that tension is usually min 2nds or minor 9 intervals etc in strings or something. It just seems a little to happy to me.

DBarnett
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DBarnett » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:20 pm

Yes I would agree

ronnie35
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ronnie35 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:50 am

Thank you guys very helpful

Ron
Chopin: "Simplicity is the highest goal, achievable when you have overcome all difficulties. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art." http://www.ronschultz.org

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:53 pm

I think there's a couple of issues with it.

1. It's too repetetive, if I skip through the track randomly it all feels like the same loop going around

2. The percussion is quite loud compared to the musical parts

So I think you need to rebalance the mix as well as write a more engaging cue with some variation

mark