Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Updated mix, per your comments

Post by deantaylor » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:57 am

Casey H wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2023 9:50 am
I agree the piano at that point clashes with the vocal. No advice on how to change it. Could it be removed or would it sound too empty? Now that I listen again, I'm hearing some of that early in the song as well. Maybe it should only be in the instrumental break? Grain of salt there!

The song has a nice feel, I know we talked about it before, I could see it used where people are driving through the country in a convertible, on motorcycles, etc. Like "Easy Rider". It is rather repetitive. If you were starting from scratch, I'd say put a B section in at around 1 minute. I'm wondering if a breakdown section late in the song would work. Again, grain of salt as I know this is pretty much a finished work. And as is, I think it could work well for sync.

Good luck with it!
:D Casey
Thanks Casey! It's good to get your opinion on the piano in the last section. We are going to re-record that with everyone's feedback in mind.

It's also good to get your thoughts and opinions on the rest of the song. Even if we don't change this song, I always learn from how others hear a song and what others think might make it better.

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Updated mix, per your comments

Post by deantaylor » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:34 am

Casey, it's also an honor to be post number 14,000 for you on this forum!!!