Is this song boring

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

steini
Impressive
Impressive

Is this song boring

Post by steini » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:33 am

Hiya, haven't been very active in a couple of weeks, ups and downs in the music. Have been working on this piano piece and wanted to know what you think. My main concern is if it's too boring, the idea is that it's a lullaby of sorts, what style it is I have no idea.So if anyone has the time I would apreciate any feedback.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... anksSteini

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Is this song boring

Post by heinsite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:44 pm

hi steini--i don't play piano, am not a "musician" so take this with a grain.this is NOT boring, it has it's own voice, which is a good thing, no? just a few comments, and slap me around if i'm wrong--again, i'm a beginner compared to what i just heard...the beginning sounds like you did not use a metronome on the piece? seem to lack a bit of definition. if you didn't, i'd suggest you do, and if you did, then i am deaf (a distinct possibility...)my only "easy" structural suggestions would be to use what i'll call the "chorus" at 1:09 and 2:18 or so, AGAIN at 3:01, then go directly to the ending which i hear beginning at 3:36.now, if i could play like that.....you have a beautiful piece of music. and again, i'm sticking my neck (ear?) out where i probably should not...good job.heinsite out

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:28 am

Thought it was beautiful and soothing, boring... no.. Geo

mcanty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mcanty » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:35 am

I absolutely loved it. What style is it? I have no idea. But I think you are obviously very talented and have a great touch. I am more of just a pop piano player (chord progressions) and I wish I could play like this. Sounds like a movie pitch to me, love scene or something calling for piano music. Nothing is better than really good piano music. Nice job.

mcanty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mcanty » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:37 am

there is a unique key change or something in the main "verse" that I can't put my finger on. Very intriguing. I think it sounds like an awesome wedding song (may not be what you want to hear) but I freaking love it.

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:00 am

Hi Steini,I can't believe boring ever entered your mind!? This is a beautiful piece of music - had me running through fields filled with wild flowers and dancing on rays of sunlight lol , honestly it's something I might listen to in a morning before the birds are singing.Thank you for sharing it and good luck.Lindsey.

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:09 am

Hey Steini,very nice lullaby...I could have played this while rocking my kids to sleep...Soothing I'd say...NOT boring at all !! Could fit a TV/Film listing for a reflective or tender moment IMHO. Very good bro !Mike

steini
Impressive
Impressive

Post by steini » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:19 am

Thanks guys, I spent a few days on this one so I was getting numb in a way although I kinda liked the result. Was wandering if adding more instruments, arrange for strings or something, but decided on the lullaby mode with a touch of music-box.@heinsite, yeah I considered ending it earlier but I kinda needed that room to get the modulation in at the end. The start is supposed to be a bit dreamy, but maybe it's too dreamy. I usually don't use metronome for this kind of music, although sometimes I probably should.wedding music heh, where I come from thats not a compliment, but I'll take it as one though thanks all for your kind words, helps alot... especially this frosty snowy winter we are having here this year.Steini

simonparker
Impressive
Impressive

Post by simonparker » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:48 am

if u think this is boring, then I'd like to hear something you wrote that you think is exciting.
http://soundcloud.com/simon-parker

developing artists for record deals since 2008

rlcmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rlcmusic » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:22 am

I'm with the others! - no it's not! You will have to try much harder to get forwarded for a "boring" listing - this just isn't good enough