Is This "Tension" Enough?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

michal
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Is This "Tension" Enough?

Post by michal » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 am

Hey guys, this is my first attempt at an urban tension cue. I'm not sure if there's enough tension in it. What do you think? Will be happy for any feedback. Thanks! :)

Street Encounters - Soundcloud

---------
URBAN-Based TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very busy Music Library that's supplying music to a Popular TV Show on a big Cable Network!

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall within the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Best Real Housewives Bus Fights | Bravo (From 3:45 – 4:07)

“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” (From 8:04 – 8:37)

Please send them well-crafted Instrumental Cues that could support and amplify tension-based scenes. Your compositions can contain Orchestral, Electronic or hybridized elements, as long as they're built around rhythmic, Urban/Hip-Hop beats. Construct your Cues around a central melodic theme while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and a sense of forward movement. Please avoid anything that sounds too busy, as it could potentially interfere with dialogue.

All submissions should be between 90 seconds and 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal with a 3-year reversion. If they don’t get your tracks used during that term, you get your rights back. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. Since this company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to any other Libraries or Catalogs. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, December 17th, 2019. TAXI #Y191217HY
Michal Sinka
Guitarist | Producer
----------------
www.michalsinka.com
www.linkedin.com/in/michalsinka

NaeDae
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Is This "Tension" Enough?

Post by NaeDae » Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:29 am

michal wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 am
Hey guys, this is my first attempt at an urban tension cue. I'm not sure if there's enough tension in it. What do you think? Will be happy for any feedback. Thanks! :)

Street Encounters - Soundcloud

---------
URBAN-Based TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very busy Music Library that's supplying music to a Popular TV Show on a big Cable Network!

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that would fall within the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Best Real Housewives Bus Fights | Bravo (From 3:45 – 4:07)

“The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” (From 8:04 – 8:37)

Please send them well-crafted Instrumental Cues that could support and amplify tension-based scenes. Your compositions can contain Orchestral, Electronic or hybridized elements, as long as they're built around rhythmic, Urban/Hip-Hop beats. Construct your Cues around a central melodic theme while adding and subtracting layers of instrumentation as they progress to create dynamics, interest, and a sense of forward movement. Please avoid anything that sounds too busy, as it could potentially interfere with dialogue.

All submissions should be between 90 seconds and 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Library offers an EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal with a 3-year reversion. If they don’t get your tracks used during that term, you get your rights back. You’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. Since this company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed to any other Libraries or Catalogs. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Please send as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Tuesday, December 17th, 2019. TAXI #Y191217HY
It's something I could see on one of those shows. Maybe keep the kick a tad less busy. Also maybe feature more echoey background vox, like on the track "Bodak Yellow" to really up the "uh oh shit's going down" vibe. Also, I like the snare, but don't be afraid of short snares when you're making trap.

RobboMusic

Post by RobboMusic » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:00 pm

Well, it all depends on who's listening, doesn't it.
But by my standards it sure is.
Like it a lot - well done !!

steveprobst
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by steveprobst » Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:27 am

Seems tense to me. SOMEone's in trouble!
Steve Probst

===========================
Songwriter/Composer
Touring Vocalist/Guitarist
http://SteveProbst.net
https://soundcloud.com/steveprobst

michal
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by michal » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:33 am

Thank you guys for taking the time to listen and for all your responses, I really appreciate it! The cue got forwarded. :)
Michal Sinka
Guitarist | Producer
----------------
www.michalsinka.com
www.linkedin.com/in/michalsinka

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by superkons » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:24 pm

Congrats on the forward, Michal, I enjoyed listening to your cue :)

I also submitted to the same listing, but have not been able to see anything in my Pending submissions, nor have I got any news in that regard...
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello