(It's Just) All About You

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

in2piano

(It's Just) All About You

Post by in2piano » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:47 am

Just an up-tempo country tune...female POV..lots of attitude...like to hear all comments...Think Sugarland's "Down In Mississippi And Up To No Good"... (I know as if...)(It's Just) All About You Up at dawnGriddle's onFound you sleepin on the lawnGot the kidsOff to schoolHope they learnThe golden ruleA woman's work is never doneNever mind the risin' sun...It's just all about youYou haven't a clueSo use me upSpit me outCome home lateSit and poutNever see my point of view...When it's all about youHit the gateSeal your fateA broken promiseJust won't waitTime to pay your duesCause..It's just all about youYou haven't a clueSo use me upSpit me outCome home lateSit and poutNever see my point of viewWhen it's all about youStaring at an empty plateA broken heart that's never lateI guess we'll give the devil's his dueCause...(Repeat Corus)© 2009 Larry Westfall\

waltl
Impressive
Impressive

Re: (It's Just) All About You

Post by waltl » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 am

Larry,This reads great. It starts with plenty of attitude and doesn't let up. One question: Verse 1 has 7 lines. Verse 2 has 5 lines plus the word "'Cause." Will that create a problem when composing the music?I had trouble with one line: "A broken heart that's never late." I could not relate the idea of a broken heart with never being late.Walt (waltl)

in2piano

Re: (It's Just) All About You

Post by in2piano » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:58 pm

You have a good point...I am re-thinking this tune... there is a couple ways to take it....I am working on the music..and the phrasing...the broken heart line...the intent was to express herdisdain for the fact she was always there for him.I appreciate your comments..Larry