It's Possible

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

othentic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

It's Possible

Post by othentic » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey guys,It's the first song I'm posting here but don't be gentle and tell it how it is I know I'm not going to win any contest with the lyrics but I'd love to hear your comments about the commercial appeal of the song and the hook.Would fit well in an Apple ad!http://www.othentic.com/things/othentic ... e6.mp3Many thanks!!Ben

irish916

Re: It's Possible

Post by irish916 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 pm

WOW dude. The production on this is very tight. Great feel on the track. I love the "hawkings-styled" male/female voicing. The synth is awesome, and the drums are quite tight. I would experiment with dropping the distortion on the core hook (ie, the "Oh, stand by your side......') THis might be a matter of taste this, but this bends my hears a bit. I would love to hear the harmonies without the noise on them. Don't get me wrong, they fit the "machine" theme and the spoken verses, but I think they would break through better with the distortion backed down. AWESOME TRACK!

feaker
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by feaker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:21 am

IrishExcellentA little hard to make out the words in a few spots.It is best to post the lyrics as well.I am an instant fan.Good luckPaul

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:45 am

Excellent! Glad I stopped in to listen!
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:55 am

wow, i really dig this, will have to check out some of your other stuff.the production is great, melody, harmonies, it's all there.nice work.marc
-- Marc Blackwell

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:30 am

wow!i agree that the sung lyrics are bit hard to understand, maybe either try boosting the levels a tad or soften the effect a bit. other than that ---- i think it's a very clever song idea and very professionally executed. great sound, i'm soooo impressed! definitely has tons of market potential, i really love how some moments really explode. i too am an instant fan! -juliet

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:20 am

IRISH...This is excellent... I do agree with everybody up stairs, but this a tight nicely produced track..I like it...Good Vocals too....JAY...

othentic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by othentic » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:05 am

Thanks guys it's appreciated I will definately take a look at the vocals in the chorus and put less distortion on them. I will send lyrics along with the song next time!Ben

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:03 am

Ben,This is really great stuff! I think you're going to do really well with Taxi if the rest of your material is as competent as this one. Great writing and production!!Cameronp.s. What are you using for your piano? Sounds great!!

othentic
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by othentic » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:41 am

Many thanks Cameron!For piano I used the COLOSSUS plugin and the preset was STEINWAY B.Ben