Izotope Trash

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

teleblaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Izotope Trash

Post by teleblaster » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm

I bought a copy of this on sale years ago for $99. I think it tends to get brushed aside because the GUI is pretty ugly, and it can be a bear to dial in the sweet spots. It's really a useful and amazing plug in many ways. I never use it as a standalone git amp/effect simulator though. I tend to use the individual effects from it for various puroposes.

- The cab sims are really great. But I rarely use them on a dry signal. I usually apply them to push an existing git track in a different direction, and usually have the mix control below 50%. The spread and seperation controls are genius, but again a dab will do ya. I tracked a little blues rythm track using my live rig and a h/w cab sim, then used a 4x10 sim from trash to give the track some honk and balls -- worked out perfect!
- The multiband compressor kicks butt. Seriously, it's probably the same algorythm as in Ozone, just not a pretty GUI
- The delay has analog and tube settings that are as good as anything I've heard. The only thing I like as well in VST land for guitar is the tape echo from Amplitube Fender. You really need to play with the EQ graph to find the sweet spots.
-Some uber cool filter sweeps and mods are built into the pre and post EQ sections. Some of the best vibratos I've gotten are from tweaking with it.

vikvik20
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Izotope Trash

Post by vikvik20 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:16 pm

I never heard of trash but I use their Ozone, Nectar, and Audio RX suites. I love their interface and best of all, their plug-ins really do enhance the sound used judiciously of course.
I'll settle for 5 minutes instead of 15.
http://www.taxi.com/UnstarMusic