jazz standards

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

jazz standards

Post by mazz » Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 pm

A few years ago my wife and I did an album of jazz standards with some of the Bay Area's finest. Since I did a lot of the arrangements, it felt right to submit to this dispatch listing, since listings for standards don't come around every day:JAZZ STANDARDS FROM THE ‘40s and ‘50s are wanted by a West Coast Publisher for numerous TV projects on their plate. This particular company has signed and placed dozens of TAXI songs over the past several years. They’re interested in hearing both traditional sounding arrangements, as well as a more contemporary sound. You can submit songs with vocals (male and female) and/or instrumentals. Regardless of the approach you take with these standards, the overall performance and sound quality must be excellent.Here's the submissions:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... njoy!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: jazz standards

Post by bmete » Fri May 30, 2008 12:39 am

Hi Mazz,Sweet tunes... I'd be shocked if you weren't forwarded!!!!Good Luck!Bob

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Fri May 30, 2008 1:15 am

Absolutely beautiful. I totally adore. Thank you for sharing Mazz. Linzi

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Fri May 30, 2008 4:49 am

Mazz,Great stuff!!!I didn't know Jean sang this stuff.I like the funky treatment on "They Can't Take That Away From Me"Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri May 30, 2008 6:17 am

Very Cool and hip versions Mazz, beautiful singing Jean!I submitted a few from a tribute to Sinatra/Bennett tribute band I've played in & recorded:Fly Me to the MoonUnder My SkinStardustI hope they pass the audition!

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Fri May 30, 2008 7:06 am

Hey there....Great sounding stuff Mazz..... Long time no post, too.... I'm back in action Steve, very cool, as well.....I couldn't find anything in my catalog (small as it is) for this so I submitted Countdown (1959) from Giant Steps....and Lonely Woman (1959) from the Shape of Jazz to Come....I wish my stuff sounded as good as both of yours....vtbp

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Fri May 30, 2008 7:08 am

Mazz.....Right on the money......These pieces are just perfect.....Nice voice..nice music...just right..road runner

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri May 30, 2008 7:13 am

thx Vtbp, hopefully a few of us will get the nod!May 30, 2008, 10:06am, vicky wrote:Hey there....Great sounding stuff Mazz..... Long time no post, too.... I'm back in action Steve, very cool, as well.....I couldn't find anything in my catalog (small as it is) for this so I submitted Countdown (1959) from Giant Steps....and Lonely Woman (1959) from the Shape of Jazz to Come....I wish my stuff sounded as good as both of yours....vtbp

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 am

Steve, my ticker skipped a beat when I got to the chorus of "Fly Me to the Moon" I swear this is just the best music ever (IM little O). Can I ask who is singing this?Linz

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri May 30, 2008 2:23 pm

The singer is Darcy DeutschMay 30, 2008, 12:23pm, linziellen wrote:Steve, my ticker skipped a beat when I got to the chorus of "Fly Me to the Moon" I swear this is just the best music ever (IM little O). Can I ask who is singing this?Linz