jazz standards

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

jazz standards

Post by mazz » Thu May 29, 2008 6:27 pm

A few years ago my wife and I did an album of jazz standards with some of the Bay Area's finest. Since I did a lot of the arrangements, it felt right to submit to this dispatch listing, since listings for standards don't come around every day:JAZZ STANDARDS FROM THE ‘40s and ‘50s are wanted by a West Coast Publisher for numerous TV projects on their plate. This particular company has signed and placed dozens of TAXI songs over the past several years. They’re interested in hearing both traditional sounding arrangements, as well as a more contemporary sound. You can submit songs with vocals (male and female) and/or instrumentals. Regardless of the approach you take with these standards, the overall performance and sound quality must be excellent.Here's the submissions:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... njoy!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: jazz standards

Post by vicky » Fri May 30, 2008 7:06 am

Hey there....Great sounding stuff Mazz..... Long time no post, too.... I'm back in action Steve, very cool, as well.....I couldn't find anything in my catalog (small as it is) for this so I submitted Countdown (1959) from Giant Steps....and Lonely Woman (1959) from the Shape of Jazz to Come....I wish my stuff sounded as good as both of yours....vtbp

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri May 30, 2008 7:13 am

thx Vtbp, hopefully a few of us will get the nod!May 30, 2008, 10:06am, vicky wrote:Hey there....Great sounding stuff Mazz..... Long time no post, too.... I'm back in action Steve, very cool, as well.....I couldn't find anything in my catalog (small as it is) for this so I submitted Countdown (1959) from Giant Steps....and Lonely Woman (1959) from the Shape of Jazz to Come....I wish my stuff sounded as good as both of yours....vtbp

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Fri May 30, 2008 3:28 pm

wow...some incredible music all around!smell that?that's a foward!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri May 30, 2008 8:09 pm

Mazz, jean sounds wonderful, Steve, nice arrangements, Darcy sounds great too.And I had no idea you could smell a forward. But here's to the sweet, sweet bouquet of success, all y'all! jes wonderful arrangements.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:52 am

All mine too. 5 other returns as well. Not a great day @ Steve's studio at all. Shall we commiserate over a cold one, in November? Jun 11, 2008, 9:39am, mazz wrote:All three returned. Better luck next time!Mazz

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:43 am

One cold one for every return?.......... OK!
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:25 am

Were gonna have an awful mess of beer to get thru my friend...Jun 11, 2008, 10:43am, mazz wrote:One cold one for every return?.......... OK!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:03 am

I didn't get any forwards to that listing tho, Ponch. I don't think Mazz did either. To quote a standard, "That's Life." Jul 2, 2008, 1:45pm, ponch wrote:Both Mazz and monsieur Gilbert has the most scariest composing .. i definitely dig those music, and think about that I'm just another rockin man..it was that great guys !

nickfever
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nickfever » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:34 am

Jun 11, 2008, 10:43am, mazz wrote:One cold one for every return?.......... OK! I would be dead.