Johnny wants sympathy.!!!!

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Johnny wants sympathy.!!!!

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:54 am

Quote:Bummer, dude! Similar thing happened to me last week, so I sympathize. My Giga PC kept crashing when I was trying to do a mix. Half of the instruments on the piece were on that PC.Anybody know a good computer tech in "The Valley?"Ern Appreciate it ern. I had a very strong desire to throw the machine out of a first floor window!Had your neighbor been underneath I probably would have.

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:10 pm

Hey, I was working on a friends machine while visiting in another state. Laid down some good vocal tracks and saved them to my ext. HD. Unfortunately, I forgot to 'save as', and , while the file names are on my HD, the actual audio files are in Kansas, Toto! You are not alone in your anguish.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by roughly » Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:27 pm

Yikes, terrible news Johnny Dean and Og. Glad Johnny you got back on that horse and made it even better. And Og, glad that the tracks are at least in Kansas and not gone forever (though I guess you never know with Kansas Ern, sorry we can't help with your Giga computer as we're in the midwest. That has to be the most finicky software I have ever dealt with and just when you think you have it stable it crashes and you have to do it all again.I wish I could say we've never had problems with losing data, but alas, it happens to everyone. I think our studio is actually cursed for computers too, we've had countless major meltdowns. Now we have 2-2 terabyte raid stations for backing up data and our fingers are stuck in a ctrl+s configuration (with the occasional save as in there as well).

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:51 pm

Quote:Yikes, terrible news Johnny Dean and Og. Glad Johnny you got back on that horse and made it even better. And Og, glad that the tracks are at least in Kansas and not gone forever (though I guess you never know with Kansas Ern, sorry we can't help with your Giga computer as we're in the midwest. That has to be the most finicky software I have ever dealt with and just when you think you have it stable it crashes and you have to do it all again.I wish I could say we've never had problems with losing data, but alas, it happens to everyone. I think our studio is actually cursed for computers too, we've had countless major meltdowns. Now we have 2-2 terabyte raid stations for backing up data and our fingers are stuck in a ctrl+s configuration (with the occasional save as in there as well). Thanks Roughly,J

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Quote:Hey, I was working on a friends machine while visiting in another state. Laid down some good vocal tracks and saved them to my ext. HD. Unfortunately, I forgot to 'save as', and , while the file names are on my HD, the actual audio files are in Kansas, Toto! You are not alone in your anguish.Thanks og,it's reassuring to know I'm not the only one.J

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:33 pm

Group hug! Ahh. Now quit whinin' and get back to work! And hit "save" once in a while, dammit!

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:39 pm

Quote: Group hug! Ahh. Now quit whinin' and get back to work! And hit "save" once in a while, dammit! You won't believe this og.....but then again you will the next day I was an hour into the session when I realized I hadn't saved fortunately this time I got away with it.Now I save anytime I get something I want to keep.Have to try matto's way and get autosave.J

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:45 pm

I know I was supposed to --I forget, man. Spend? Invest? Meditate? Medicate? It'll come to me.

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:10 am

Yesterday, I got a package in the mail containing a CD. It was replete with the music files that I had inadvertently left in Kansas (because I had my head up my ass when I saved them--but I did save them). All intact, and ready to mix! Of course, it helped that I was working with a good friend who didn't mind searching out, burning, and mailing the files.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:48 am

Quote: Yesterday, I got a package in the mail containing a CD. It was replete with the music files that I had inadvertently left in Kansas (because I had my head up my ass when I saved them--but I did save them). All intact, and ready to mix! Of course, it helped that I was working with a good friend who didn't mind searching out, burning, and mailing the files. OG would you please speak anglaizy when replying to posts,especially mine!!!I know what "complete" means I even know what "repeat" means but what the ....................does "replete" mean.I have neither the time,the energy and least off all the patience to look the word up in a dictionary.In fact I feel another conspiracy coming on.I wonder if it's got anything to do with the fact I am between songs.Your friend,in the dark,johnneeeyyyy.