Just a request.

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Just a request.

Post by walter327 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:36 am

Wonderful news, guys.I was asked to stand at the mic in church this a.m. and explain my "affliction" . Did the best I could w/out my PhD. Then!, after church, I was told that the board wanted to help us get to Houston. I was blown away by the response. Congregation members want to donate money as well. Apparently they don't want to lose their "Troubadour", as they refer to me (They like my originals, I guess).I'm just so very humbled to see how blessed I truly am. You guys have been a great support, and now this!!! Wow!! I realize I am a very wealthy man, indeed!
I shall wipe every tear from their eyes....

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:09 am

Quote:Wonderful news, guys.I was asked to stand at the mic in church this a.m. and explain my "affliction" . Did the best I could w/out my PhD. Then!, after church, I was told that the board wanted to help us get to Houston. I was blown away by the response. Congregation members want to donate money as well. Apparently they don't want to lose their "Troubadour", as they refer to me (They like my originals, I guess).I'm just so very humbled to see how blessed I truly am. You guys have been a great support, and now this!!! Wow!! I realize I am a very wealthy man, indeed! Hey Walter,That's great. Most times the things we do and the people we "hang" with come back to us in one way or another. This appears to be a good reflection on you and it's great that you have those kinds of friends. I think I do but I don't want to find out in that way if I don't have to but it sure must be nice to know. Dave

booker
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by booker » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:40 pm

That's it. I'm going to Walters church.

hookstownbrown
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by hookstownbrown » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:07 pm

Walter, I agree with jaffe.This is a harrowing experience for you.Why not write a song about it? Not necessarily for your benefit, though, but for those who might be suffering through the unknown tomorrow? You've been down the road of hard questions... And you have some comforting answers so far.You've been there. Others are going there every day without a comforting clue...Keep the faith... Spread it around.One thing we sometimes fail to realize as songwriters... The song we write today remains a valid song fifty years from now.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:45 am

Quote:Wonderful news, guys.I was asked to stand at the mic in church this a.m. and explain my "affliction" . Did the best I could w/out my PhD. Then!, after church, I was told that the board wanted to help us get to Houston. I was blown away by the response. Congregation members want to donate money as well. Apparently they don't want to lose their "Troubadour", as they refer to me (They like my originals, I guess).I'm just so very humbled to see how blessed I truly am. You guys have been a great support, and now this!!! Wow!! I realize I am a very wealthy man, indeed! That's great. I hope they can help raise the money you need for your treatment. Let us know how we can help! Casey

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:54 am

Got the OK yesterday, Monday, to begin Interferon treatments. Should start next week and continue at three shots per day for three months to start. Nurse said to prepare myself for a rough first month, at least. Hot Dawg!!!

jensen
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by jensen » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:32 am

best wishes, good luck, good vibes and prayers all comin atcha from the newbie here in the UK walter,jensen

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:42 pm

Okay. So shoot me.Talked to my Pastor today about getting treated here instead of Houston. He asked if I was happy about that. I said, not really. I looked at my wife and said I'd really rather go to Houston where they've seen this before. She echoed that feeling. So, we are looking into help from other places, as well as my church family wanting to help. I'm much happier with this decision. None of the Dr.'s here have dealt with ECD. Plus, my insurance should cover some of it. Yeah. I'm much more at peace with this decision. Bless y'all for visiting my little room, keeping up with me and keeping me in your thoughts/prayers.

walter327
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by walter327 » Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:53 am

Hey!, My Opthamologist wants to take MY films to an upcoming conference since ECD is so rare. He should WOW 'em with this, eh?!!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:56 am

Quote:Hey!, My Opthamologist wants to take MY films to an upcoming conference since ECD is so rare. He should WOW 'em with this, eh?!! Is he taking submissions for background music for the films? Casey