Just a "What's up?" and short intro..new here

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

KristoffScottMusic

Just a "What's up?" and short intro..new here

Post by KristoffScottMusic » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:41 pm

Hey everyone! I finally joined Taxi . I love it,and I love that Michael puts so much time into all of us. I've been in the business for a long time.I've had songs on radio and t.v.,I've played arenas and toured with all kinds of huge bands(though not in one myself,just as an opener) and even had an Indie record deal a while back. Not to say I'm anything special,I'm clearly not,but just to say that this is all new to me. The writing for a specific purpose,in a specific time frame,and learning after years of having producers do all my work behind the board while I'm wasted or having fun, to produce myself... I feel like I'm starting over,and Taxi,and what I have heard out of all of you in the live shows is extremely inspiring. All of you that I have heard are brilliant,and I'm happy to be in on something where MY people are. The creatives. Thank you all so much for being so cool,and for making me want to be better at what we all do as a craft. The money it costs to be here ,or to submit songs,is really nothing when we have all this to help us make it.
All my years on the road have only made me a good musician,but being HERE with you guys and girls is making me a better Songwriter. It's getting my head right for what's ahead. Thank you all .

feaker66
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Just a "What's up?" and short intro..new here

Post by feaker66 » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Hi Well you certainly have some great history going in. Now to be creative. Some great talent here.

I am at the end of the line at age 72, but still love making music and reviewing others. I hope all the best to you.

Sincerely

Paul
Thankfully, while growing old is compulsory, growing up remains optional!

https://soundcloud.com/feaker66

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=883613

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by 2lane » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:34 pm

Thanks for joining Kristoff, welcome.
Great folks here! Hope you have a good ride with us.
Steve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova

KristoffScottMusic

Post by KristoffScottMusic » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Thanks everyone.
I'm 46 and the ego got buried years ago when I realized I had gotten too old to become a rock star.
I also figured out that I had been a jerk,and that helps too. I used to be very single-minded and I kept my mind closed to everything except what IIIIII was doing. So.... after getting to this point and growing up at 40,I started re-thinking everything about myself and what held me back from just making music in all kinds of styles and genres,and really getting into a fuller scope of music in a more general sense. I learned a great deal about collaboration,the joys of it,when I quit trying to control the music of my last band to make an effort to make everything NOT sound like ME. I hired two great guitarists and put mine away,and I let them write with the drummer and bassist while I sat and listened and wrote lyrics. It was an awesome thing to let others be super creative and just add the "me" into the music with lyrics and vocals. I have co-written since then as much as I can ,and I love that. Turns out other people have even better ideas than me sometimes! Who knew? lol
So I joined Taxi in an effort to become a better writer,and to utilize my talent for earning an income without the headache of trying to be "somebody". I have attended the last few youtube live events and it is just unreal what we are given here to help us make it. I listen to each submission and it just blows me away at the level of talent everyone has here. The price for membership,and the cost to submit songs is really nothing for what we have here. I'm very happy I made this decision.
I am honored to be among you all. Have a great New Year!