Just got a deal for a song I didn't get a forward (yet?)

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Just got a deal for a song I didn't get a forward (yet?)

Post by MathieuF » Sun May 24, 2020 9:51 pm

Interesting story, I think :)

I got an instrumental EDM track with middle-eastern flavours forwarded last week, then the music library contacted me to sign it. But then I also offered them the vocal version, which was for another listing, similar thing but with vocals added...and they also took it :) The thing is that I didn't get a forward or return feedback yet for that particular version with vocals :P I expect it will get forwarded but it would be funny to get it returned...after I signed a deal for it !

Here's the song :

And the listing :

INSTRUMENTAL-Centric EDM DANCE SONGS with a MIDDLE EASTERN and/or Mediterranean Balkan Flavor are needed by a leading Music Licensing Company for a bunch of placements in Middle Eastern-centric TV programs and Documentaries. They could air anywhere in the world.

NOTE: We are also running a TAXI Listing for EDM DANCE Instrumentals as listing #S200509DM, so please don’t confuse the two!

Please listen to the following references they gave us to get yourself in the general stylistic wheelhouse of what they’re looking for:

“Caller ID” by Mat Zo

“Ease My Mind ” by Skrillex Ft. Niki and the Dove [Jai Wolf Remix]

"Red Dawn" by Knife Party

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please listen closely to the references as they are NOT looking for full Songs or Instrumentals that are purely instrumental. They ARE looking for Instrumental tracks with minimal, sparse lyrics (Male or Female Vocals) that are not in a traditional Song structure.

QUOTING the COMPANY: "Lyrics can be Ethnic from a country in our region, from Arabia, Andelusia, Balkans, from Russia to India."

Please submit cutting-edge Electronic Dance Songs that have a distinct Middle Eastern or Mediterranean Balkan style and vibe. Your productions should have all the earmarks of great EDM music – big builds, engaging melodic hooks, and cool-sounding ear candy – while incorporating some Middle Eastern instruments, melodies, and rhythms. Submissions with short catchy vocal phrases or minimal, sparsely-placed vocal parts should help you nail this request!

Phrases that avoid specific names, places, dates, times, and brands could give you an added edge. Do not copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. Sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Songs as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, May 18th, 2020. TAXI # S200518DM

TAXI # S200518DM

By the way, I guess it's worth noting that I had already signed 2 tracks with that same company a few months before :) And now they want me to produce a whole album worth of EDM stuff with middle-eastern sounds :)
Mathieu Fiset - Keyboardist / Drummer / Composer
https://mathieufiset.bandcamp.com/

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Just got a deal for a song I didn't get a forward (yet?)

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon May 25, 2020 2:08 am

Cool track.

Yes it can happen that the Library gets back to you quicker than Taxi do sometimes

TonySollazzo
Active
Active

Post by TonySollazzo » Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 am

That's a nice track. Congrats on it and the vocal getting signed. My attempt at the same listing was so bad that I abandoned it which makes me curious if you previously had an affinity/ear for middle-eastern sounds or if you picked it up for these listings?

MathieuF
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MathieuF » Tue May 26, 2020 8:30 am

TonySollazzo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:36 am
That's a nice track. Congrats on it and the vocal getting signed. My attempt at the same listing was so bad that I abandoned it which makes me curious if you previously had an affinity/ear for middle-eastern sounds or if you picked it up for these listings?
Yeah I've been doing middle-eastern stuff for at least 12 years now :) I had a project with a singer from Morocco, we did 3 albums and numerous tours in Canada, then I went to Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and I even played at an arabic club, playing some of the "top 40" from middle-eastern countries. So yes...I guess I've had an affinity with it :D

My challenge was the EDM side of it !
Mathieu Fiset - Keyboardist / Drummer / Composer
https://mathieufiset.bandcamp.com/