Just signed my first deal thanks to Taxi!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mikhail

Just signed my first deal thanks to Taxi!

Post by mikhail » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Just signed my first deal thanks to Taxi! I submitted a few tracks for an “Emotional R&B Instrumental” listing, got 1 forward and a few weeks later the library reached out via email saying they wanted to sign the track.

In our conversation, they asked if I work in any other genres and asked me to send links for Trap or Hip Hop instrumentals I had. All in all, ended up signing a 20-track deal (the 1 R&B instrumental and 19 trap/hip-hop)!

They seemed impressed that I was able to provide a lot of tracks so quickly (I initially sent over a playlist of 50 trap/hip hop instrumentals when they asked). So that goes to show the importance of building a catalog and being ready for opportunities that come up.

Thank you to everyone at Taxi and on the forum- I joined Taxi earlier this year with pretty much no sync experience and the Monday livestreams and forum articles (as well as the quarantine happy hours) have been extremely helpful for getting up to speed. (My first few submissions didn’t even have endings because I didn’t know what those were!)

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Just signed my first deal thanks to Taxi!

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:28 pm

Way to go !

Yeah those returns can often end up in a catalog if they are any good.

Congrats on signing so many cues , make sure you put them into Tunesat so you know if you get a placement

Mark

LamarPecorino
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Just signed my first deal thanks to Taxi!

Post by LamarPecorino » Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:33 pm

Congratulations!
Onward and upward!
Lamar

“We set sail on this new sea because there is new knowledge to be gained" JFK