Kelly Greene @ The Newville Sessions 10/25 (NYC)

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Kelly Greene @ The Newville Sessions 10/25 (NYC)

Post by kg » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:53 am

I musta' done good, cause I was invited back for this month As I said in my follow-up post last time, there was some amazing talent there, so if you're in the area and you want to hear some great original music, stop in.Kelly GreeneOctober 25, 2007 at Banjo Jim’s-Newville Sessions! 9:00 PMKelly will perform during the writer's-in-the-round acoustic set with other writers to be announced Corner of E. 9th Street & Ave C (East Village), New York, New York 10009Cost : $0Description:A new monthly singer-songwriter series called "The Newville Sessions"...Hosted by Brooke Lundy. Special guest line-up to be announced soon! Two sets, with an acoustic writer’s-in-the-round starting at 9pm, followed by a full-band original set at 10. Where New York and Nashville connect in a night of great, original music!www.myspace.com/newville

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Kelly Greene @ The Newville Sessions 10/25 (NY

Post by kg » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:03 pm

Hey! If you're in the area tomorrow night, get your butt out there to hear us. Here's note from Brooke Lundy on who's performing.Hi Y'all,Thanx so much for everyone who made the Sept. Newville Sessions night such a success! The next installment is coming up THIS Thursday, Oct. 25th at 9pm and is already shaping up with a fantastic line-up of creative songwriters and amazing entertainment...Come out to support live/original music in the East Village and help keep it a"live"! No cover...Brooke Lundy's"Newville Sessions"@ Banjo Jim's(9th St. & Ave. C)Thursday, Oct. 25th9pm-12am*I will be performing some Country songs from my Nashville catalog with Michael Louis on guitar/slide and Jon Loyd on Piano...Special guests will include previous Newville fav's Nate Schweber (of the New Heathens), the creative/harmonizing/fun songwriting duo of Paul Guzzone & Mary Ellen Bernard, Pop-Rock Songstress Kelly Greene & her accompanist Jonathan Dale...and the amazingly creative and humorous life-force that is Emory Joseph & Smokey Blues/Jazz Artist/Songwriter/Sax Magician Craig Dreyerthe Newest "Newvillian" will be Demolition String Band's fearless leader Elena Skye...Now, brace yourself for this one: VELVIS Returns! We are very excited to have our good friend, the amazing "Tamper-Proof Seal" himself, Keith Christopher, who returned early from touring in Europe to join us, as well!The acoustic set will be capped off by a short 3-song full band set of British Folk-Rock Singer-Songwriter "Nick Marks & Happy Hour"(Nick, Worm, Keith & Brooke) then immediately followed by my "Brooke Lundy Band" set featuring James "The Worm" Wormworth on Drums (and smiling;), Paul Tillotson tickling the keys (and maybe YOU;), Michael Louis layin it down and dirty n his guitar and Drei Sebastian puttin the fun in funky on Bass... Craig Dreyer will also be tearing up the air with goodness on his Saxophone and vocals where he'll share his unique blend of rootsy-blues-rock-jazz song styling...There may be some surprise guests, as well, so you don't wanna miss it!...At the 1st Newville night, we were all delighted and honored to have our good friend Lew Soloff (of Blood, Sweat & Tears fame) tear it up til almost midnight on the trumpet with his talented friends and others jumping in on every instrument! At the Sept. Newville, we were thrilled to be joined by Pete Francis (of Dispatch) directly off of his 3 days of Sold-Out shows at Madison Square Garden this Summer! We hope they will once again be coming by to show us all how it's done..."You never know what could happen at Newville!!"

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:20 am

Hey Kelly,Looks like I just missed your gig. Im about 20 -25 minutes from the city...I'm sure it went well! 77

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:26 pm

Aww, that's ok. I'll be there again soon and I always post it here There were a ton of musicians, so we each did two songs. Definitely fun.