Kenny Kerner and the Dixie Chicks

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Kenny Kerner and the Dixie Chicks

Post by matto » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:24 am

Quote:Matto (the wise old man of the board)Oh great now I'm old and supposed to run for governor Yikes! I gotta stop posting on this board .

hitwriter
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by hitwriter » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:26 am

Quote:Quote:So I am going to assume that as of this moment, no one really cares about the the original intent and spirit of my thread. It was not to spark political debate, but in responding to Kerner, suggest that it not be part of TAXI.....I keep reading "I don't want to discuss politics, but..."This is not about your politics folks... it's about TAXI using a publication we in essence pay for as a political voice.....If you think it's OK for Kerner to voice a bias using TAXI, then just say so. If not then just say so.My post which was preceeded by "in don't usually discuss politics on this board" was in response to bc, who DID make a political statement.My response to you, on the other hand, was that I agreed with your point. The fact that you seeem to ignore this now by saying "no one cares about the original intent of my thread" makes me think...that maybe you DID wanna spark a political discussion, despite your assertions to the contrary.Just a thought mattoOnly in regards to a trade publication allowing a writer to insert his political bias into a news item.I never intended this to become what it has... I thought the comments would be pro TAXI can do it what it wants or Yeah TAXI, if I want political commentary I'll read the Times, or the Post or The WSJ or whatever.I guess I'll just quit responding to any comments and let this ridiculous thread (no one's politics is gonna be changed here) die a slow death... unless I hear from Kerner and why he felt his charge on the Chicks Bill Of Rights had been violated by "COMMERCIAL" radio.God Bless capitolism and a free market economy! I can say that, can't I?

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:32 am

Poker anyone?
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:38 am

Quote:Quote:I’ve once again gritted my teeth and tried not to get into this pointless debate, but….Hey Aubrey are you sure it's not your dentist who's somehow instigating these debates? I knew my request for extra laughing gas was a bad idea....

53mph
Impressive
Impressive

Post by 53mph » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am

Quote:Poker anyone?You going on about Clinton again?...Opps, sorry misread your post.

drew
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by drew » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:38 am

My favorite Clinton punch line:"To keep my ankles warm"
It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:48 am

>>BC, The quote above is me encouraging you to polish up on the issue.<<Nice try young feller -- you should polish up on the issue -- or at least your tangential debate ploys. Listen, you spin my comments to fit your agenda, that's fine if you're more concerned about competition than persuing the truth. Try unloading the grain truck as peace core volunteer in somalia -- then tell me and the audience your trying to impress what American aid does. Your parsing posts negate weight I might have given you. And the Aljazeera spin comment was spot on. If you dont' get it, then get out the polish bc

bc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bc » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:05 am

>>I'm gonna break my rule about not getting involved in political discussions on this board because I find this statement fascinating, in a Spock sort of way .Growing up in Switzerland, which is another reasonably well working democracy, I was taught that if you didn't agree with where your elected leaders were taking your country, it was your democratic right, your duty even, to speak up. This whole concept that it's only a democracy once every four years, and that in between one should just shut up and blindly follow the leader(s) is quite foreign to me, to be honest. But if this is the consensus opinion of the majority of Americans, it would explain a lot ...like why somebody who would publicly voice their dissatisfaction with certain policies of a certain administration would be branded an America hating ingrate, which is something I've never understood.Surely it must be possible to love one's country even while being unhappy with the direction that politicians, or even the majority of one's fellow citizens, are taking it? Isn't that the very basis of pluralism?<<Brother Matt, You broke a few rules actually. The first rule you broke was sifting my comments through your bias screen before misconstruing them (This whole concept that it's only a democracy once every four years, and that in between one should just shut up and blindly follow the leader(s) is quite foreign to me, to be honest) to fit your ideology or what ever. For the record: support "the office" means, showing some common decency and respect for the results of our messy democratic process. Never said we should all be in lock step, or that we can’t exercise our access to our politicians. I just don’t think bashing America to suck up to the EU is cool. And I think ingratitude is demonstrated by the comments. The second rule was; don’t assume you have a person figured out to a tee, simply by reading an internet board post.  Confession: I break this rule all the time. (Like assuming you think I’m a right wing neo con or sumptin’.) Wish I didn’t, break rule 2 but some of the stuff posted here seems so hateful or ignorant or both. BTW: When I was your age I was a card carrying SDS member -- anybody here remember them? I doubt it. Google it up. I went from rice paddies to anti war demonstrations. Funny how growing up and older gives one a perspective not understandable callow youthful progressives. Been around the world many times. There's a reason I choose America to raise my family. Same reason my Welch, Irish, and Croatian ancestors did; freedom from theocracy, fascism, all isms actually , and dictators.53: As for the French bailing out the colonies -- better do a little more research son, my native American ancestors would humbly disagree with your Anglo-centric revisionism...oops, another ism bc

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bitwhys » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 am

Somolia USAIDthat wouldn't be more of that genetically modified grain Congress is ramming down everybody's throat since the lobbies talked them into paying for it, would it?
"Its a curious thing that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author - and that he did not learn it better" - Nietzsche

bitwhys
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bitwhys » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:11 am

fading with the drums of warthat of our souls we dared not knownor heed before the driving beasts that fetched us hence
"Its a curious thing that God learned Greek when he wished to turn author - and that he did not learn it better" - Nietzsche