Kenny's Castaways in NYC on Thursday, March 27th

Got a gig? Looking to Gig? Post it up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Kenny's Castaways in NYC on Thursday, March 27th

Post by vickye » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:31 am

Hey,If any fellow Taxi folks have a hankerin' for American/folk/blues and live in NYC, we are playing a gig at Kenny's Castaways in the West Village at 7pm. (157 Bleecker). We'll also be videotaping the gig, so come be a part of UTube history. We would appreciate it:)My best to all of you~Vicky

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Kenny's Castaways in NYC on Thursday, March 27

Post by hummingbird » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:15 am

Quote:Hey,If any fellow Taxi folks have a hankerin' for American/folk/blues and live in NYC, we are playing a gig at Kenny's Castaways in the West Village at 7pm. (157 Bleecker). We'll also be videotaping the gig, so come be a part of UTube history. We would appreciate it:)My best to all of you~VickyCool - wish I could be there. Hope it goes well!Okay, now we have 3 of us on the forum. My name is VIKKI and I call myself HUMMINGBIRD.Then we have the very cool jazzy VICKY, VICKYTHEBASSPLAYER or VTBPNow we have the bluesy VICKY, VICKYEMERSON or VICKYE.Don't get us mixed up or there'll be trouble, right here in River City, with a capital T and that rhymes with D and that stands for... Dots
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 am

Quote:Don't get us mixed up or there'll be trouble, right here in River City, with a capital T and that rhymes with D and that stands for... Dots LOL!!! Power to the V's!! Hey, you guys should have your own special V-Dot or something at the Rally! LOL!! This shouldn't be too hard to keep straight-- Vikky, VTBP, and now Vicky... BUT the next one will have to be Vickii or Vickey or something, I suppose. And if she's from France, why maybe she would be a Veekee? Welcome to the forum Vicky! You'll find lots of friends here! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vickye » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:00 pm

LOL! I have a good friend in NYC who is a guitar player and VERY French. He pronounces my name as "Veekey!" HA!Thanks for the posts and nice to meet both of ya! It's always nice to meet another V lady!I am just starting to venture into the forum and I appreciate your warm welcome.

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Quote:"Veekey!"That's funny! Say... I can't seem to get the link to your site to work. Or is it just me? I wanted to go hear your stuff...
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:22 pm

Welcome to the forums Veekey lol, I'm Lind'sey' and I live in France, so I spell my name "Linzi" to avoid that over stressed name ending! So if you applied this rule it would make you more of a Viki!? All that just to say hello! Your link didn't work for me either.Lindsey ...sorry Linzi!

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:20 am

Ahh, Kenny's. It's been years since I've been there. (I moved away 7 years ago)Some good times.I'm guessing it's the extra .com messing up the page,try thishttp://www.myspace.com/vickyemersonshould workHave a good show!

vickye
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by vickye » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:31 am

Good day to everyone! We finally are getting some much need sunshine in New York City. Hopefully spring is on the way.Thanks for catching the link error...so sorry. The only thing I can say is I am getting married in three weeks and my brain is....well, shall we say FULL!!!LOL!Thanks for the messages~