"Killshot" filming in my town - some press for me

Yep. Drop your super cool ego and beg for fans!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

"Killshot" filming in my town - some press for me

Post by davewalton » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:54 am

Hi everyone,My hometown of Cape Girardeau has been practically been turned upside down with the filming of a Hollywood movie called "Killshot". Director John Madden (Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Shakespeare In Love) and his crew are here this week along with Diane Lane (Unfaithful, Under The Tuscan Sun), Mickey Rourke, Thomas Jane, and Johnny Knoxville who apparently is still in his Jackass days as he demonstrated by going to a local bar to do "shooters". He snorted the salt up his nose, slammed the shot, and squirted the lime juice in his eye. Lovely.Because of all this "Hollywood" goings on, I've gotten a little press as it's not hard to imagine that I'm one of the very few people between St Louis and Memphis that's attempting to be a composer of sorts. Here's a link to the newspaper article and a goofy picture of me (they all turn out that way):http://www.semissourian.com/story/1135193.htmlThe reporter didn't get that I did the film score to the Hunting Season movie (a feature, I might add), not just the music for the trailer but other than that he did a pretty good job of describing my day-to-day life and basic standing in the composer community. Although I described Taxi in great detail and some of the forwards and a placement I've gotten through Taxi, the reporter described Taxi anonymously.I tried. DavePS - My IMDb credit for Hunting Season is back to being screwed up (it was corrected once but now it shows someone else again) so we're working on getting that corrected again, hopefully permanently this time... but that's another story.

roughly
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: "Killshot" filming in my town - some press for

Post by roughly » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:09 pm

Congrats on the write up! It looked good.

onoffon
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: "Killshot" filming in my town - some press for

Post by onoffon » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:36 pm

Nicely done, Dave!!!!Great press - article was cool - congrats!Good way to start the year... Cheers!