We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Last minute feedback!

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Hi Taxi

I know this listing ends in 10 hours, so any last feedback will be much appreciated.
Does this song fit the requirements of the listing?

My song: https://www.taxi.com/members/a9Q_Ye0vSv ... ol-delight

Reference song: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4zzco4wr4534 ... shback.mp3

The Listing:

FRESH, YOUTHFUL POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful boutique Music Library that's distributed by Universal for placements in Commercials, Advertisements, and TV Programming aimed at a younger audience.

NOTE: We previously ran this request as TAXI Dispatch Listing #D211029FY, but the Library didn't find what they were looking for. If you submitted to listing #D211029FY, please send different material this time around.

TIPS FROM THE LIBRARY TO HELP YOU NAIL THIS PITCH: "Many composers throw in way too many ideas and are not focused on ONE CENTRAL MOTIF: they try to keep things interesting by adding new harmonic lines and elements (melodies, even improvisations, etc) instead of focusing on the production and textures. What I'm looking for is basically: obvious production music (in form and structure), that sounds like commercial music (production style)." Put simply, keep it SIMPLE! We know that other Libraries like to receive music with complementary A and B sections, but this Library is NOT one of them – stick with ONE CENTRAL MOTIF per submission, please!

This is a catalog you want to be in! Please listen to the following examples the Library gave us to get yourself in the ballpark of what they need:

Quoting the Library: "We're looking for upbeat, young, fresh, and current-sounding Pop Cues. Your pieces can have some funky influences, but they should be clearly current pop – positive, young, and fresh. Basically, take the sounds, ideas, and motifs of current Pop songs on the charts and put them into the production music format."

Please send fun, fresh Pop Instrumental Cues with polished production and cutting-edge virtual instruments and samples. Craft your Cues around ONE CENTRAL MOTIF and mood, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress. Modern Pop instrumentation that's generally similar to the references will suit your submissions best. Some non-lyric vocal parts like "oohs," "ahhs," etc. could help add some extra energy to your tracks. They're not a requirement, but some of the references they gave have them, so listen to see how they've used them!

TAXI Tip: Although this Library is looking for youthful music, they do NOT want Cues that are childish. Think fun, fresh, and upbeat – not nursery rhymes!

All submissions should be about 2 minutes long, give or take. Good edit points and non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are required. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, texture, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Last minute feedback!

Post by DouglasKnight » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:20 pm

Very nice composition and instrumentation with a clean and punchy mix. I think this actually tops the reference track, well done!

DennisPMusic
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Last minute feedback!

Post by DennisPMusic » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:49 pm

Thanks a lot Douglas, I'm glad that you liked itπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘.

I hope it's not to funky, but I have tried to make the drums/percussion and vocal FX modern, so I hope that it's getting forwarded.
first I had another bass figure in the intro and breakdown part, which just stayed on the D. I actually liked that better, but I was afraid that it would be considered as a B section, so I changed it to the normal figure, that runs throughout the song.
Sometimes it's a little hard to judge how much variation that's alllowed, before it can be called a B-section.
The reference track also change the bass figure😊.

Best regards

Dennis