Lately.. LAZY, CUT & PASTE CRITIQUE's

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ashboxclay

Lately.. LAZY, CUT & PASTE CRITIQUE's

Post by ashboxclay » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:24 pm

One of the more helpful things about Taxi, for me, has always been the critique part (even more than the forwards). However, lately I've seen lots of cut and paste and redundant comments from section to section within the same song critique. For example, here are a few critique comments:TITLE COMMENT SECTION:"......The feel here has a few elements working...Pop, Singer Songwriter, and R&B. This listing is seeking more of a Hot A/C Modern Pop feel of the following: "Five For Fighting, Train, Lifehouse, and Goo Goo Dolls".STYLE COMMENT SECTION:The feel here has elements of Pop, R&B and Singer Songwriter...but it's not quite close enough "feel wise" to the Bands/Artists listed. OVERALL COMMENT SECTION:...... the "feel" here is not going to be close enough for a fit with what this listing wants. The feel does have a few elements working...Pop, R&B, and Singer Songwriter. This listing does ask for the feel to be along the lines of the following bands: " Five For Fighting, Train, Lifehouse, and Goo Goo Dolls". These bands have more of a pop and rock feel to them, with crossover potential. Sorry to say that this song is not quite a fit for the listing.ANOTHER EXAMPLE:TITLE COMMENT SECTION:They want songs like Gladis Knight or Marvin Gaye would have recorded, that could also be easily adapted into a current "AC/Soul Song."OVERALL COMMENT SECTION:They're looking for songs that sound like something Gladis Knight or Marvin Gaye could have recorded, but that also, could be easily adapted into a current "Adult Contemporary/Soul" production.Again, this is not sour grapes for not being forwarded. But lately it seems to me that there is alot of repetitve stuff from the actual listing (like listing the bands) that is being used in the critique, and lots of repetitve comments throughout the entire critique.It used to be much more helpful comments like "hey why not try this, or that" and "this seems to fit better in genre XYZ"..Talk to me man .... that's part of the reason why I'm here is to get some tips from the experts. I can read what the listing says, but tell me what's not right about what I thought the listing wanted.Thanks, and sorry if I stepped on anyone's shoes with this observationAsh

t4mh
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Lately.. LAZY, CUT & PASTE CRITIQUE's

Post by t4mh » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:57 pm

AshAt least you get a critique with your submission. I get "off target"... That's all. In comparison you get worlds of info! I realize we all want to learn from critiques and be better.Good Luck!Keith
I hear the voice of God in a bending guitar string!
Life is too important to be taken seriously
No electrons were harmed in the construction of this message.
http://www.t4mh.com

taxirobin
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by taxirobin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 am

Ash - Can you give me the listing number and screener number? I'll look into this for you. Send the info to headscreener at taxi.com. In the subject line write "for Robin" include your name so I can look this up in our database. Many thanks! Robin

ashboxclay

Post by ashboxclay » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:21 pm

RobinThanks for the offer to look into this. However, I'd rather not get anyone at Taxi jammed up for anything (after all, they are fellow musicians, and these are tough times for all).I will keep an eye on it and if it continues I will RSVP to Taxi. In the mean time perhaps an internal memo, or a generic mention at a staff meeting will be enough to make the point.Thanks AgainAsh

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Ash,I would encourage you to take Robin up on this offer.One things business owners want to know is how customers feel about their service so they can make it better. They actually like complaints because it is an opportunity to fix a problem.From the customer's perspective, when a company addresses an issue they have, it increases their belief and loyalty in the companies service.This is true in any service business. I always think about a restaurant where you may have had a bad experience (lousy food and/or lousy service) The restaurant owner or manager would much rather "comp" your meal or offer a free desert than have you leave and tell twenty of your friends about the lousy experience. It is again the only way they can improve their service.Believe it or not, complaints, handled properly by the complainer, are welcomed. It seems you have complained in an appropriate manner and following thru would be helpful to TAXI and all of us as members.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri May 01, 2009 4:40 am

Apr 30, 2009, 7:21pm, ashboxclay wrote:RobinThanks for the offer to look into this. However, I'd rather not get anyone at Taxi jammed up for anything...Actually... if you're going to post a complaint publicly about this you really owe it to Taxi to give them the chance to get it straightened out... ESPECIALLY when they make that offer. Think about how it looks when you complain but don't want the fix to be made. NOT cutting/pasting is addressed over and over in the screener training process and their manual, etc. I'd have no sympathy for a screener that blatantly ignored one of the top major rules of Taxi screener. Don't feel bad... just let Taxi do their job with the info you have (please). Dave

ashboxclay

Post by ashboxclay » Fri May 01, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks to all for the comments, and thanks Robin for the offer. Robin and I are now in touch.Well done, and hats off to all.ToodlesAsh