LATIN-INSTRUMENTAL-for Paltro TV-6/20/8

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

LATIN-INSTRUMENTAL-for Paltro TV-6/20/8

Post by jay10music » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:38 am

Dead Line 10 am today.....WILL IT FLOAT......r-man.... D080620LAhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=140536&stream=true

avillaronga
Impressive
Impressive

Re: LATIN-INSTRUMENTAL-for Paltro TV-6/20/8

Post by avillaronga » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:17 am

Hi,Very nice track, it has a really nice flavor to it. However, for this particular listing I think it may fall short on the more organic aspect they were looking for. When I see things like "An authentic tone similar to the reference songs is essential here" and "Traditional instrumentation with a touch of contemporary rhythm/style would be the ideal musical blend here" I'm expecting to hear some heavy underpinnings of a traditional Latin rhythm section, as the songs mentioned on the listing have. The Ry Cooder track is a traditional Venezuelan track that they did with traditional Cuban instrumentation and the electric guitar on top; the Monte Rosa track, while a lot more contemporary, always has the traditional salsa rhythm section going on. While your track is really nice and enjoyable and it certainly sounds Latin, I did not find the traditional elements that the listing mentioned, keeping in mind this is just my opinion, people's definition of "traditional" is not always the same. The same track with a natural sounding percussion section I think could work better OR I may be reading the listing too literally. I think this track is perfect for the Latin rock ala Ozomatli or Nortec Collective that we seem to get every so often.Sorry, I know it's past the deadline so feedback now is not worth much but for whatever it's worth... Let us know if you get forwarded. Antonio