Latin Traditional Tune needs Help

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Latin Traditional Tune needs Help

Post by nicotina » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:28 am

Hey, it's been a while since I put anything on the peer-to-peer channel. But every year I look at my "leftovers" folder: songs that never made it into a library, and start wondering "why"?

I have this Salsa song I did last year. I played in a salsa band back in the eighties, and I enjoy the genre. I know my taste is a bit dated (I listen to Willie Colon, Ruben Blades and other Fania stars back in the day), but the listing (below) seems to be OK with that. I'd like to write some Latin Traditional for a library. This particular song got forwarded once, but nothing ever happened. I'd like to submit it again. But maybe it's just too dull. What can I do to make it better (besides come up with a better name)?

Link to Latin Tune

thanks in advance,

Vince

---------------------------------------------

A Wide Range of TRADITIONAL-Sounding LATIN INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a very busy Music Library with a great track record of placements in Films and TV shows!

This Library is looking for a Wide Range of Mid-to-Up-tempo Instrumentals that could be heard on a playlist with one of the following references:

"Pa'lla Voy" by Marc Anthony

"Somos Calle Real" by Calle Real

"Le Dio Pami" by Classicom

Although some of the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please send in Traditional Latin Instrumentals with great musicianship and tons of Latin flavor that could work for a major TV Sports Network! Your submissions should have catchy, authentic-sounding motifs, engaging Latin rhythms, and polished productions. Since this listing is open to Instrumentals from a variety of Latin countries (Cuba, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Mexico, etc.), your arrangements and instrumentation may vary depending on which direction you choose to go in, as long as they are consistent and competitive with other Instrumentals in your chosen style. Live instrumentation is highly recommended, but if you choose to use virtual instruments or samples, please be sure they are high quality, realistic, and not dated-sounding.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, button/stinger endings will work best. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a guide for tempo, texture, and tone. Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE 3-year deal. You’ll split any applicable sync fees 50/50 with the company. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Library will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright to submit for this opportunity. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS for this request. Sorry folks, but we're on an extremely tight deadline, so please don't ask! All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, November 29th, 2023. TAXI # S231129MP