Let's Play Music Trivia Jeopardy

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Let's Play Music Trivia Jeopardy

Post by matto » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:46 am

Quote:I'm terrible at this game, haven't guessed one yet.Don't feel bad, I've never even heard of "Spooky Tooth". Probably really like that Halloween candy

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:09 am

Quote:Quote:Category: 60sThis group, who was more known for a hit song with a title that contained a girl's name, released the song, "Pretty Ballerina". CaseyAnyone? If no one answers soon, I will make you all listen to me sing the Jeopardy theme... Time is running out.... CaseyOkay, I'll take a guess: The Left Bank (sp?), who recorded "Walk Away Renee."Ern P.S. Any more guesses on the Bowie guitarist?

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mani » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:17 am

Quote:[quote author=hurowitz board=general thread=1141822581 post=1142014400]P.S. Any more guesses on the Bowie guitarist?I'd take a guess but I might get in Double Trouble if I'm wrong.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:39 am

Quote:Quote:[quote author=hurowitz board=general thread=1141822581 post=1142014400]P.S. Any more guesses on the Bowie guitarist?I'd take a guess but I might get in Double Trouble if I'm wrong.Nah, you won't get into "Double Trouble," but you might not make it to Double Jeopardy!Last hint before the buzzer goes off --- he's British (so that leaves out SRV). Ern

mani
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mani » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:48 am

I'm at a bit of a loss here. I know he'd dropped Carlos Alomar for Let's Dance but I seem to recall him playing on the Glass Spider tour.Who is Adrian Belew???

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:17 pm

Quote:I'm at a bit of a loss here. I know he'd dropped Carlos Alomar for Let's Dance but I seem to recall him playing on the Glass Spider tour.Who is Adrian Belew???Nix on Belew. You're correct about Carlos Alomar, but he played rhythm guitar.Since it's Friday, and nobody hangs out here on the weekend much ---BZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTT!!! The buzzer buzzed!Drumroll please -----------------------------Who is Peter Frampton!?Boy, was he good, too. One fine guitarist.Ern

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Quote:Quote:Anyone? If no one answers soon, I will make you all listen to me sing the Jeopardy theme... Time is running out.... CaseyOkay, I'll take a guess: The Left Bank (sp?), who recorded "Walk Away Renee."Ern P.S. Any more guesses on the Bowie guitarist?Ern, Yes that is correct!!! (The Left Bank)... However, since you didn't phrase your reply as a question, the judges are still debating whether or not to disqualify your response... Let's poll the audience... THUMBS UP OR THUMBS DOWN??? Casey

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:49 pm

Oops --- Who! Who! Who! Who! Who! Who! Who! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! I've turned into an owl --- now what do I do!?Ern the Owl

og
Impressive
Impressive

Post by og » Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:43 pm

This may be the wierdest thread I've seen sober.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:53 pm

Quote:This may be the wierdest thread I've seen sober. LOL!O.K. --- The owl has left the barn. Time for --------------VIDEO JEOPARDY!!! Category: 60'sI played french horn on albums by the Beatles: