Library Letdown .. At least it's not just me

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Library Letdown .. At least it's not just me

Post by cosmicdolphin » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:56 am

MikeC wrote:Hey Mark Similar situation same forward (3) cues Signed -I know I will sound stupid but what is PM?
Thanks for putting it out there, I agree with the others that Taxi needs to know-
Hi Mike

Sorry to hear that...PM = Private Message..it's what the kids are calling it these days :D

shorttonpro
Impressive
Impressive

Post by shorttonpro » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:48 am

Just saw this post and chiming in with a "me too." Didn't go through Taxi, but he ordered three specific tracks. I spent some dough on vocalists and production, then when delivering the files, no response to any follow-ups. At least no paperwork was signed so can still use the tracks. Bummer for everyone this is happening to.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 pm

shorttonpro wrote:Just saw this post and chiming in with a "me too." Didn't go through Taxi, but he ordered three specific tracks. I spent some dough on vocalists and production, then when delivering the files, no response to any follow-ups. At least no paperwork was signed so can still use the tracks. Bummer for everyone this is happening to.
Makes you wonder how many other folks that don't come onto the forums have been affected too. Not any way to run a successful operation IMHO

Paulie
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Paulie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Chalk it up to experience and stay away from that librarian. I've had some interaction, none of it good.
Paul "yo paulie!" Croteau
"Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy." Beethoven
http://www.yopauliemusic.com | https://www.taxi.com/members/paulcroteau | https://youtube.com/@yopauliemusic

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:44 pm

Not any way to run a successful operation IMHO
They're successful? :lol:
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

Paulie wrote:Chalk it up to experience and stay away from that librarian. I've had some interaction, none of it good.
Yeah that's the way I see it...the old 80/20 rule seems to apply pretty well to most things

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by edmondredd » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:45 am

is there a way to know who that librarian is, in order to avoid, would he/she come back hunting other Taxi members?
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:28 am

edmondredd wrote:is there a way to know who that librarian is, in order to avoid, would he/she come back hunting other Taxi members?
You can PM me if you would like to know, there isn't really any way of knowing who's running the Listings though. From the email I had it doesn't sound like the owner is interested in working with Taxi Composers any longer though I take it with a grain of salt.

It's one of the issues with the Listings, I understand that Taxi needs to keep the info confidential but as you get signed up to more Libraries you increasingly run the risk of submitting to places you already have a composer relationship with. I don't know how you would get around it.

Danny
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Danny » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 am

Without using names, does anyone know if it's the library that requests you have your own publishing company?

edmondredd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by edmondredd » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:04 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
edmondredd wrote:is there a way to know who that librarian is, in order to avoid, would he/she come back hunting other Taxi members?
You can PM me if you would like to know, there isn't really any way of knowing who's running the Listings though. From the email I had it doesn't sound like the owner is interested in working with Taxi Composers any longer though I take it with a grain of salt.

It's one of the issues with the Listings, I understand that Taxi needs to keep the info confidential but as you get signed up to more Libraries you increasingly run the risk of submitting to places you already have a composer relationship with. I don't know how you would get around it.
Got that, and it's sad. But anyway, thank you for sharing!
edmond redd

Image Image Image Image