Library Letdown .. At least it's not just me

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Library Letdown .. At least it's not just me

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Hey everyone

Chalking this one up to experience but wanted to get it off my chest and share as I have had a few PM's from others in the same boat wondering what they'd done wrong. So in November was super excited to get a Forward to a Listing, one of several that month.

Was even more excited when the email came through within 24hrs asking to sign the track. Said Yes..Contracts arrived, were signed and returned the next day.....then nothing..no request for any wav files or alt mixes..radio silence...thought it was a bit strange but left it and followed up a couple of weeks later..no reply..left it another month...followed up...no reply.

By chance I saw another post on in these forum , naming no names that seemed to follow the same pattern so I contacted a couple of folks from that thread to double check and it was indeed the same Library / Listing.

I don't wanna bug people, figured maybe he was trying to place my track and was super busy as many are in this industry? But by now it had been 6 months so I shot a really short email today just to check if the track was still required.

I finally got a response..the owner said no, and he wasn't really working with Taxi writer's anymore. So at least I know now ! I hope that email is enough to release my track from that contract as it was an Exclusive Listing and I signed and returned it. :shock:

I hope this means the company isn't running any Listings with Tax now as if I knew I wouldn't want to submit, I don't blame Taxi in any way ..it's outta their hands once they have done their bit but I just think it's a shoddy way to treat people.

Mark

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Library Letdown .. At least it's not just me

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:58 pm

I would think this warrants a call to TAXI, if you haven't already.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:21 pm

Is this the one that was sold? That's the only one I remember being posted about on the forum, and it was mentioned on a recent taxi tv episode.

That probably explains why they quit working with taxi members. Presumably if they sold the business they won't be listing anymore, as there is usually a non-compete agreement between the two parties involved in a sale.

I agree with Hummingbird, you should call Taxi!
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:12 am

Len911 wrote:Is this the one that was sold?
Not a Library that has been sold as far as I am aware, the owner is still quite active online. These were the original posts that made me realise it wasn't just me.

post523313.html#p523313

forward-for-drone-listing-y161113ds-t137020.html

It's a shame, but onwards and upwards. If anyone else thinks they had the same thing happen and want to check if it's the same Library then PM me.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:13 pm

hummingbird wrote:I would think this warrants a call to TAXI, if you haven't already.
Absolutely! Give Taxi a call about this. They need to know what took place.

Best
Casey

WeWillWriteUaSong
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by WeWillWriteUaSong » Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:23 pm

Happened to me too. Didn't sign tho. Felt too uncomfortable bc he stopped responding to emails. Asked me for 10 more then disappeared. Did it to a lot of us. A good friend tried to introduce us at the rally and he wasn't very polite there either haha. I know one person called taxi about it a cpl months after the rally and they were told he was out of the country :roll:
Marcus aka CaiNo

"Those with evil intentions or contentious thoughts are instantly vanquished. The Art of Peace is invincible because it contends with nothing."

http://www.taxi.com/wewillwriteuasong
http://www.soundcloud.com/wewillwriteuasong

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:18 am

WeWillWriteUaSong wrote:Happened to me too. Didn't sign tho.
May turn out to be a blessing in disguise that you didn't end up signing anything away Marcus, seems that's just how he rolls but everyone else I have dealt with via Taxi has been very professional and friendly.

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Post by SubRivers » Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:31 pm

Yep - have to laugh at the life advice that guy hands out to others on his youtube channel about integrity and the "it's a small world"

He is right "it's a small world"

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:28 am

SubRivers wrote:Yep - have to laugh at the life advice that guy hands out to others on his youtube channel about integrity and the "it's a small world"

He is right "it's a small world"
+1

I think we reap what we sow on the whole, in life as well as business.

MikeC
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MikeC » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hey Mark Similar situation same forward (3) cues Signed -I know I will sound stupid but what is PM?
Thanks for putting it out there, I agree with the others that Taxi needs to know-