Limiting, Compressing and Equalizing

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Limiting, Compressing and Equalizing

Post by horacejesse » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:51 pm

<How about this --- why don't you hire a recording engineer to come over to your place for a couple of hours and help you figure it out!? That would be the most cost-effective answer, IMHO>Thanks, Ern. Hey, come on over. You are only 800 miles away, and any guy who works for beef, pork, poulty, lamb & veal is my kind of troubleshooter.

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by andreh » Thu Oct 12, 2006 4:46 pm

Horace-Can you post an example audio clip of the problem you're having? We'll be able to help you more that way.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

ernstinen
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by ernstinen » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:25 pm

Quote:Thanks, Ern. Hey, come on over. You are only 800 miles away, and any guy who works for beef, pork, poulty, lamb & veal is my kind of troubleshooter.I appreciate your sarcasm, but I'm really trying to help!Tell you what --- P.M. me about sending me a CD and I'll master it for you -- no charge!Ern

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:56 am

<Tell you what --- P.M. me about sending me a CD and I'll master it for you -- no charge!>Very generous offer, old stick. But by Gob I think I've got it. I have two other tracks on there now anyway. Doesn't that mean I would have to send you a wave--duh?I am starting to feel it is not fair to blab about pieces and ask people's advice if you are not going to post the piece, so after I have mixed and mastered it I will try to get it up somewhere folks can listen to it.

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:03 am

I look forward to hearing the (mastered) tune.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:19 am

<I look forward to hearing the mastered piece.>Well, Ed, I am not saying it is great or anything. But if a piece is blabbed about, one ought to put it up for the people polite enough to listen to the blabbing.Does My Space allow putting up music?

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:40 am

If you have an artist site it does. Just make sure you get one instead of a regular site. It is still free.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:03 pm

All,Well, I signed up for a My Space account and apparently am an artist member. But I don't see a damned way to upload a song.At first a window appeared and asked me if I wanted to upload a song to my account. I tried and it timed out 3 or 4 times. I turned the machine off and left for a while. After that I could find no tab or any other instructions for uploading one of my own songs to my account, including on the FAQ. Gee, how fun and easy.I will go back later and see if I can make sense out of it.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:11 pm

Here's how you sign up for a MUSIC account on MySpace:Go to: http://www.myspace.com/On the blue banner, click on "Music" - 3rd from the end on the Right sideMySpace Music will come up.Now click on "Artist Signup", last thing in the Red banner on the Right side.You may have to delete your current account so you can sign up with the same email address.Don't feel bad, I started with a general account and had to figure this out.... and I've given these instructions to several other musicians.Once you're set up, you go to "edit profile" and click on the "manage songs" tab & upload your music.cheersHummin'bird PS - once you're set-up, send a friend request my way - www.myspace.com/vikkiflawith
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:21 am

Bird, thanks for the tips. They made it easy. My Space will still not upload my piece though. I guess it doesn't like my dial-up connection. After 8% it always goes splatt. Oh, well...