Listener ID: 419

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Gregbouts

Listener ID: 419

Post by Gregbouts » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Listing # S201210PL. I'm completely baffled by your review/return of my tracks. Generally, when I've had returns, I do my best to keep an open mind and go back and listen to the tracks applying the reviewer's comments and they're usually correct. This time I'm genuinely confused. Did you even listen to my entire track? Did you listen to the example track? Did you read the description of the listing? Quoting the description "We think that pulsing synth bass and ambient synths combined with some simple melodic lines could be a good approach for this pitch." Finally, since we all pay to receive listings and again to submit to individual listing (i.e. at least part of your salary) maybe in the future you can leave your attitude at the door.

FYI - this is my first post on the forum although I've read several posts.

Greg Boutsikaris
gtbouts@gmail.com
www.gtbouts.com

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Listener ID: 419

Post by MBantle » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:01 pm

Gregbouts wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:50 pm
Listing # S201210PL. I'm completely baffled by your review/return of my tracks. Generally, when I've had returns, I do my best to keep an open mind and go back and listen to the tracks applying the reviewer's comments and they're usually correct. This time I'm genuinely confused. Did you even listen to my entire track? Did you listen to the example track? Did you read the description of the listing? Quoting the description "We think that pulsing synth bass and ambient synths combined with some simple melodic lines could be a good approach for this pitch." Finally, since we all pay to receive listings and again to submit to individual listing (i.e. at least part of your salary) maybe in the future you can leave your attitude at the door.

FYI - this is my first post on the forum although I've read several posts.

Greg Boutsikaris
gtbouts@gmail.com
www.gtbouts.com
Hi Greg! Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. It would help us if you posted the track and the listing requirements (for our convenience).
Please also tell us what exactly the screener criticised.
Cheers,
Matt

Gregbouts

Post by Gregbouts » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:55 am

MBantle - thx for the response. Should I post the track and listing here in the reply or in another location on the forum? BTW, I tried dragging the MP3 file into the msg box but I received the following error :Invalid file extension MP3"

Listing # S201210PL. 2 tracks and both basically said the same thing. Reviewer comments "The synth elements are too high pitched and not pulsing, despite the title. The track could use a little more bottom and as well as some more droney elements in the underscore. I'd come in sooner with the piano elements."
Do I post the track here in the reply or in another location on the forum.

Greg B.

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi Greg,
You can click on the mail letter icon to the left of your track in your profile, when the email opens you can copy and paste the link to this thread from your email.

Waiting to hear..

Gregbouts

Post by Gregbouts » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:22 pm

Listing link
https://www.taxi.com/listings/S201210PL

From the listing "We think that pulsing synth bass and ambient synths combined with some simple melodic lines could be a good approach for this pitch."

Reviewer comments for both tracks were very similar "The synth elements are too high pitched and not pulsing, despite the title. The track could use a little more bottom and as well as some more droney elements in the underscore. I'd come in sooner with the piano elements."

Here are the links to the tracks on Taxi
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/Tl ... rk-pulsing
https://www.taxi.com/my/artist/songs/Yr ... k-ambience

Thanks Greg B.

davidr

Post by davidr » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:38 pm

hmm... those links don't seem to work for me.

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:12 pm

Greg, substitute the actual path names for the "my/artist" portion of the string and it will resolve properly.

I'm interested in hearing your work, I looked that listing but didn't get very far myself. Curious about what you came up with.

Gregbouts

Post by Gregbouts » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:38 pm

Sorry this is so difficult. Here's the link using the 'email' icon.
https://www.taxi.com/members/VmwctzvFQz ... rk-pulsing
https://www.taxi.com/members/VmwctzvFQz ... k-ambience

Each track is marked 'public' and 'downloadable'

Here's the listing and reviewer from previous post.
Listing link
https://www.taxi.com/listings/S201210PL

From the listing "We think that pulsing synth bass and ambient synths combined with some simple melodic lines could be a good approach for this pitch."

Reviewer comments for both tracks were very similar "The synth elements are too high pitched and not pulsing, despite the title. The track could use a little more bottom and as well as some more droney elements in the underscore. I'd come in sooner with the piano elements."

Greg B.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:13 pm

Greg, it would help if you posted the full listing including the description and the links to the reference tracks.

Without hearing them I would say.

1. Use proper titles for your cues, don't name them the way you have. We have meta data to describe the mood/genre of the track so come up with a good name for your cues. Not always easy.

2. Ambient Dark Pulsing probably starts off too quiet. It feels like the meat of the track doesn't start until around 25s. when an editor is searching for the right cue they won't listen to 25s worth , they will most likely listen to the first 3-5 seconds and if it's not working they will skip to the next cue. So If it was me I'd start the track at 25s

3. I'm getting a Bladerunner 2049 type vibe form the 2 tracks, not sure if that is what they were after without hearing the reference tracks. I would say generally there is too much going on in the upper mid which makes the mix sound bit muddled. It's probably more of an arrangement issue and there are parts that can transposed down an octave so all your parts are spread across the full frequency range instead of being bunched together in the middle.

So the screener comments don't sound like they are too wide of the mark but I would need to see and hear the rest off the listing info to comment further.

Mark

Edit - The Listing Link you posted doesn't work. Copy & paste the listing instead

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:26 pm

CTWF wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:15 pm
DARK, PULSING AMBIENT INSTRUMENTALS are needed for a $250, Direct-to-Producer/Director placement in an Independent Feature Film!
Thanks Tom...Lol..Video is not available in your country :shock:

I take it this is the same track https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw3PQEw ... ails-Topic