Listing D081008TV

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Listing D081008TV

Post by guest4254 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Regarding the following listing "They'll be open to styles ranging from New Wave to Hard Rock"...so, what comes between New Wave and Hard Rock in the 80's? I'd hate to submit an instrumental that we recorded from that era and get "not on target for this listing"...80s INSTRUMENTAL TRACKS FOR POPULAR CABLE REALITY TV SHOW are needed immediately by the Production Music Library involved with the show. This show is moving into its fifth season and they need more tracks NOW! They'll be open to styles ranging from New Wave to Hard Rock, Old School Hip Hop to Dance/Electronica. No vocals for this one, please! You'll want to be sure that these tracks are recorded at Broadcast Quality (excellent home recordings should be just fine) and the performances need to be excellent and on target stylistically. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than 10am PST on Wednesday, October 8, 2008. TAXI #D081008TV

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Listing D081008TV

Post by mazz » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:23 am

Post the song and maybe folks here can give it a listen and weigh in.Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:07 pm

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:42 am

hi dgnats, i can't put my finger on who this track reminds me of! my first thought is definitely a zztop vibe but there's something else in there too. i enjoyed the listen but can't help much with if i think it fits the listing.... i think i would submit it, although it doesn't SCREAM 80s to me. it's like you said, it isn't new wave and it isn't hard rock and does fall in between, but they do say "ranging from," so maybe it's ok. ....hopefully you will get some more knowledgeable opinions on than mine.

guest4254
Impressive
Impressive

Post by guest4254 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:51 pm

thanks haz for the reply...yes it's got the zz top/george thorogood (sp?) feel/beat, but I suppose I'll wait it out until I hear more, or less....will see if anyone else chimes in....

jazzstan
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jazzstan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm

DG,It's got a nice groove and interesting changes. Not sure if it was my crummy little computer speakers, but some of the guitar lead lines seemed way in the background, compared with the rhythm, bass & drums being up front most of the time. Might want to play with the mix & eq a bit to make the lead guitar parts stand out a bit more? I'm also pitching something for this, and posted in in the "listings" section. ( http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... hread=9808) Stan

buckd22
Active
Active

Post by buckd22 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:24 pm

This is a great bluesy rock tune. I really like the guitar playing. I'd like to hear that last lead guitar more in the mix. That sounded really cool. I don't get an '80's vibe from it though. I can't really say what is between new wave and 80's hard rock, but I think this kind of pre-dates that era. I hope I'm wrong and you get a forward. I wish they would give some examples of the bands/specific songs they are looking for here.The production is excellent. The drums sound killer too. Best of luck!!!Chris