Listing S060717MT

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

timejunkie
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Listing S060717MT

Post by timejunkie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:21 am

I have a question about this listing...NEW LISTING - METAL WRITERS/PRODUCERS -- those who can produce ‘Slipknot’ Alt. Metal to ‘Poison’ Pop-Metal -- are wanted by a Music Library/Publisher with many high-level network contracts and placements. He wants to hear Death Metal, Glam Metal, Speed Metal, Screamcore -- everything under the Metal style umbrella. He’s looking to hire writers to produce new songs for his library -- he’s not looking to sign your current songs. For this listing, submit songs with vocals -- he’s not looking for just instrumentalists. Submitting a 5 minute montage of some of your best work is fine, but submitting individual songs is OK as well. Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs per CD/online. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 17, 2006. TAXI # S060717MT My question is...if they are not looking to sign “current songs” why is “Broadcast Quality” necessary? It would appear they are looking specifically at writing style and ability. I may be answering my own question here but maybe it’s to see if you can produce “Broadcast Quality” songs in the future?Seems like "Broadcast Quality" plays a far more important role than what is advertised in Taxi marketing materials....??????Cheers,Chip

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Listing S060717MT

Post by davewalton » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:54 am

Quote:My question is...if they are not looking to sign “current songs” why is “Broadcast Quality” necessary? It would appear they are looking specifically at writing style and ability. What they're looking to do is to hire songwriter/musicians who can write/record/produce completed, polished tracks of music in this particular style. You sould have to be capable of turning out these polished tracks from your home studio, so the tracks you send should be representative of the level of quality that you can produce on any given day.Dave

timejunkie
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by timejunkie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:26 am

Thanks Dave!Like I said "Broadcast Quality" seems to play a bigger role than advertised.The majority of listings call for it so I better tighten up those skills pretty quickly. Cheers,Chip

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:48 am

Quote:Thanks Dave!Like I said "Broadcast Quality" seems to play a bigger role than advertised.The majority of listings call for it so I better tighten up those skills pretty quickly. Cheers,ChipChipYes, I think more and more listings are film/TV oriented so more will require broadcast quality. However, these 2 rejections are NOT an indication as to whether or not your tracks meet the "broadcast quality" standard. These 2 listings had very specific high-end requirements. Your tracks, IMHO, are definitely "broadcast quality" enough for many applications. Sure, always try to improve, but don't jump to conclusions. Casey

timejunkie
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by timejunkie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:52 am

Wanna be the President of my Fan Club! Thanks for gving me some perspective...I am very paranoid about my ability to record, mix and master. It's nice to hear that I am in the ball park anyway.