Little confused about wording of cue length on this one

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mrdtman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Little confused about wording of cue length on this one

Post by mrdtman » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm

My question is can you submit something longer than the "at least 60 seconds"? I have a few that may fit the listing but they are at least the usual 2minutes. Not sure about the wording.

Also, can you contact TAXI directly if you have a question like this (not that I have any doubt about the accrued wisdom on my fellow TAXI mates) just wondering due to the turn around time to submit for something like this.

Thoughts appreciated :)

DT

FUN, GROOVE-DRIVEN INSTRUMENTALS in ANY STYLES/GENRES are needed by a Film/TV Music Publisher for an (up to) $7,500, NON-Exclusive placement in a Digital/Online Commercial. They’re eagerly searching for Mid-To-Up Tempo Instrumentals that fall within the general stylistic range of the following references they gave us:

Levi’s® "Circles" Commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgcgFP9nGqY

Introducing Surface Laptop. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDW24im1c-M

Samsung Galaxy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06JwASE4p4s

Although the references above have vocals, this pitch is for instrumentals only. Please submit well-crafted Instrumentals that are melodically and rhythmically appealing and reflect the general vibe and style of the references above. Your tracks should have progressive changes that prevent your Instrumentals from sounding too linear and one-dimensional.

Quoting the Source: Instrumentals can be developed from any relevant groove from any genre, (but not limited too) Hip Hop, EDM, Contemporary Jazz, Urban R&B, Pop etc.

Your submissions should be at least 60 seconds in length. Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings are highly recommended (stinger's preferred). Do NOT copy the referenced music in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Also, please do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

The estimated license fee for this use is (up-to) $7,500, depending on the ultimate placement. This Publisher offers a NON-EXCLUSIVE 50/50 deal. You’ll get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Writer’s share. They’ll get 50% of the sync fee and 100% of the Publisher’s Share. You’ll keep 100% of the original copyright and master. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit for this. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis by a screener who was handpicked by the publisher – Short critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Monday, November 6th, 2017. TAXI #Y171106FD

SubRivers
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Little confused about wording of cue length on this one

Post by SubRivers » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:58 pm

When I see listings like that I suspect they have a 60 second spot to fill.

So I think you are good to go with 2min pieces