LOOKING FOR REVIEW ON NEW GUITAR INSTRUMENTAL!! ***New Member

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

timmyboombap

LOOKING FOR REVIEW ON NEW GUITAR INSTRUMENTAL!! ***New Member

Post by timmyboombap » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:22 am

Hey Taxi Fam!!!

Im a new member here, and was hopping to get some feedback about this pitch im gonna submit for... THis is actually quite a personal song to me, as I wrote it shortly after my dog Ziggy Smallz passed away. He was my best pal for 15 yrs and it was incredibly difficult... Still is honestly, and working on this session brings water works at some point every time... lol. But I know that the best music comes from the core of the soul IMHO, so im hoping that Ziggy can be my angel of inspiration and that other people will catch a feel when hearing this as well...

I am curious as I added the organ to give it a bit more depth, as per the brief. Other than that its a couple different guitar passes, with one routed through my VIntage Roland SRE-555 Chorus Echo, who is such a gem for saturation on guitars.

Bring on the constructive criticism! Also, if anyone wants to connect you can check out my work here www.timmyboombap.com Been a touring session drummer my whole life as Ive worked/toured with Carly Rae Jepsen (She actually was the one who pushed me to get into songwriting again) Shad, KOS, POMO, Pharcyde, Hey Ocean, Shaun Verrault, Snak The Ripper, etc. Looking to connect with hard working like minded folx!

Hopefully this link works Pls let me know if not THX!!!

https://soundcloud.com/timothy-proznick ... al_sharing

Link to sync Brief!!

https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S230208AR

DaveZ
Impressive
Impressive

Re: LOOKING FOR REVIEW ON NEW GUITAR INSTRUMENTAL!! ***New Member

Post by DaveZ » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:22 pm

Hey - Sorry to hear about Ziggy. The brief isn't there any longer so I can't hear the references. Your recording quality seems fine. Format wise the only thing that stands out is usually cues are shorter.. say 1:30 or so. Regardless I enjoyed it.

Thanks,
Dave

davideaston

Re: LOOKING FOR REVIEW ON NEW GUITAR INSTRUMENTAL!! ***New Member

Post by davideaston » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:31 am

So sorry to hear about Ziggy 😢 People with pets know it's basically like losing a family member.

I really like this cue and feel love and joy. from it I think the organ sounds good...it's just enough and not overshadowing the guitar.

Best,

David