Looking for sweet, pure, strong vocals?

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Looking for sweet, pure, strong vocals?

Post by hummingbird » Sun Feb 27, 2005 4:08 pm

Hi. I'm a trained singer with a fairly powerful voice, rich but sweet and smooth... you can listen to some of my samples on soundclick if you like. I'm looking for songwriters who need a girl to lay down vocal tracks, something requiring a pure tone.How I think it would work is that you'd provide a rough recording of the melody & the lyrics so I can learn the piece (I can also read a lead sheet), and send me an MP3 file of the back-up. I'd then lay down a vocal lead, and send it back to you for your okay. You'd then import the vocal track into your recording software and do your own mixing. I'm okay signing a work for hire, all rights to the song remain with you. If you're interested, send me a message through this board or Soundclick, or post below with any questions.Warmly,Hummin'birdP.S. - I'm also interested in collaborating with musicians, by writing lyrics.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Looking for sweet, pure, strong vocals?

Post by hummingbird » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:52 am

Hi, I just did an internet collaboration with Bill Boutin on his song "It's Been So Long". I recorded the lead vocals & added some special touches of my own. If you'd like to hear the results, check outhttp://www.soundclick.com/billboutinH

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Looking for pure, strong vocals?

Post by hummingbird » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:51 pm

Just an update - I've been doing a lot of internet collaborations in the past few months. Recent, Lead vocals:"I Could Dream" (by Dean Taylor & Lucian Blaga) - the demo just got forwarded to a publisher; comments: "really great job", "I've never heard such a beautiful voice, a very unique sound". www.letstalkmusic.com/deantaylor "In that Moment" (by Errol Chugg) - currently being mixed; comments: "great job", "one of the features of Vikki's delivery is her vocal dynamics".Recent, Back-up Vocals:"Time" (by Noel Downs) - "Vikki - the harmony stuff you did still raises my neck hairs. Wow!""I May Have Started It" & "Go for a Ride" (Cliff Hitchcock) - "I wanted to let you know that your harmony vocals were P-E-R-F-E-C-T. I can't imagine anyone who could have done em any better."http://www.soundclick.com/thebullets"A Better Place" (Bruce Pruiett) - "Your track is absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for doing this. You have an amazing voice, and a very creative way of approaching harmony."www.soundclick.com/brucieNovember '05 Lead Vocal:"The House Up the Road" (James Mitchell) - comments: "Vikki came in to a local studio while she was down for the Taxi Road Rally and nailed a song of mine. The producer had a few suggestions on how he'd like to hear her sing, and she instantly adapted to the request. He was so amazed, he asked for her card! He said it was very rare to find someone who had such flexibility and control and who could execute a change in vocal sound just from a simple request. She's awesome!"- For lead: you provide a backing track with a scratch vocal or a instrumental melody for reference; plus the backing track only. I record a sample mp3. If you like, I upload an .ape for you (has the same quality as wav but is half the size). I'm happy to sign a work for hire (or trade tracks).- For back-up vocals - you supply backing track with final vocal track on it, I provide a sample mp3, once approved, I upload the .ape files for you. My harmonies can be 1 to 4 tracks. Ditto on the work for hire.For more info, PM or email me,cheersHummin'bird

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:47 am

Hi Vikki,Nice job on the backup vocals. Of course you know I'm a fan. I couldn't find "I Could Dream" on the Dean Taylor site to listen to your lead. Maybe it's not up yet? Anyway, good stuff.Dave

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:03 am

Ever sing R&B Vikki?I couldn't find "I could dream" either, or "I may have started it" for that matter. Nice job on "Go For a Ride"--too bad about the mix.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Dave and Ed - geez, thanks for checking things out. I guess those songs aren't up yet(perhaps being mixed?). Let you know when they are.Another lead sample (bearing in mind it's a 'pre-post-production' demo ) Wilted Heart (folksy ballad)http://www.vikkiflawith.comI'll have some master quality demos up on my site as soon as I get the new CD back from the engineer Ed, I'd love to try some R&B if my "sweetness" ain't a bad thing...V

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu May 04, 2006 9:53 pm

Whoo hoo!! The song I like best from my little folk album is the title track, "Waiting for the Bus"http://cdbaby.com/cd/flawithcheers!

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi, Vicki,I like your voice a lot, especially on Wilted Heart. I like that song too.Often I have need for female singers, and I would snap your offer up if it wern't for technical obstacles. I know you are fully computerized and I am not. I do not even have a computer in the studio. Nor do I have any idea when pecuniary matters would allow me to upgrade and convert.I have good equipment, though primitive by some standards, and it really ought to be good enough to do excellent demos. I record onto an Alesis HDAT and mix onto an Alesis masterlink. I have not mastered all the aspects of the studio I do have yet, i.e., I am pretty damned ignorant and do not even know how we would get our communications done properly. We would have to send each other formats we could both respectively load, and I know squat about these kinds of details.Down the road though, you would probably be an excellent choice for some of the vocals I have written for female voice.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:19 pm

Thanks horacejesse. I've done quite a few internet collaborations over the past couple of years, took me awhile to figure it all out. Sounds like the internet thing wouldn't work at the moment, but it is always possible to send things snail mail. If you recorded a basic back-up track and burned a) the back-up track with a scratch vocal or an instrument playing the melody, and b) the back-up track only... on a CD... and mailed it to me with the lyrics, I could record the vocals. I could send you a mp3 proof via yousendit, once you were happy with the vocal, I would burn the dry vocal track only onto a data CD (as a wav) and snail mail it back to you. You'd then import it into your recording software and do your mixing. How all of that would work with Alesis I'm not sure, but that's how we could deal with our clashing communications .... if that makes any sense at all Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'd be happy to help when the time is right cheersHummin'bird

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:18 am

Newst Collab: "Tonight"Lyrics: Cal Francis DiFalco Music: John Lawrence Schick I sent them my lead vocal track last night. Here are their comments:"Real smooth Vikki. It's a winner!" ~ John"This is a Producer's dream come true. You nailed it. I particularily like the feeling you put into this and the dramatic ending. It really leaves the listener with a profound impression. I can't wait to mix this. Great job Vikki!!!!" ~ CalThe song is, in my mind, an a la Michael Buble / Sinatra / D Martin / Shirley Bassey style like a cabaret or torch song & suits my voice very well. Definitely tv/film material.(Sorry I can't post a link at this time - the song belongs to others.)