Looking peeps to collab with

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Looking peeps to collab with

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:44 am

So one of my New Year resolutions is to stop obsessing over sketch ideas, accept my own limitations (which are many) and reach out to other people with the talent and skillsets ( both natural and acquired) that I don't have. On that basis I'm looking for some people to collab wth on some very rough sketch ideas I've thrown together. They are rough AF - I know! - and reflect my very VERY limited ability. I've been getting into dark pop meets trap stuff lately and found myself gravitating towards integrating foley, foundsonds and industrial samples into my ideas (whether they work or not is a different matter)

Here are two sketches I'd be keen to work with others with similar tastes o develop. They are rough and still very much underdeveloped; basically just an intro, verse and pre chorus without and topline or lyrics at the moment. Not precious about anything in either of these. A lot needs added, tweaked and changed and there's probably a lot can/should come out of it. Mix wise it's all over the place too... They're really just ideas that sprang from having a quick play about in my DAW, nothing more or nothing less...

Idea 1:
This came from a play about using AmpiLite Guitar VST, stringing some chords together and finding an interesting rhythm. Added a fairly basic bass line, some snaps and some trappy style hi-hats (that also had a nice foundsound cricket chirp with it). Have got a kinda Ed Sheeran songwriter meets Post Malone Trap-pop style in mind ofr this but can't translate that into a 'hear' at the moment (at least not on my own!).
https://soundcloud.com/user-539228525/s ... BWqRDmptuF

Idea 2:
This came from a play around with a very simple and basic piano riff. Layered with another piano and then some hand percussion and foley/found sounds layered into it. Have a Billie Eilish/Finneas vibe in mind but, as above, struggling to translate that into a 'hear'.
https://soundcloud.com/user-539228525/s ... QnuANkb9IS