"Louisiana Lady"

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jjktunes
Impressive
Impressive

"Louisiana Lady"

Post by jjktunes » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:01 pm

"Louisiana Lady" (BMI)Johnny Spears/Jay Buchanan/KyleGartonVerse 1Hot summer nights down on Lake Pontchartrain I can still remember the way she called my nameI wake up in a cold cold sweat and smell the MississippiI hear the music in my head and its like she's right hear with mechannelNow I'm stuck here in Memphis and she's in New OrleansI can't go on like this she keeps haunting my dreamsChorus 1Louisiana Lady gotta hold of my soulIt's driving me crazy cause she won't let goNow I'm sticking out my thumb on the side of the roadTrying to get back home to my Louisiana LadyLet the good times roll let the good times rollVerse 2 Been way too long God I need her touchI've always been so strongNever wanted a woman this muchChorus 2Louisiana Lady gotta hold of my soulIt's driving me crazy cause she won't let goNow I'm sticking out my thumb on the side of the roadTrying to get back home to my Louisiana LadyLet the good times roll let the good times rollBridgeNow I'm stuck here in Memphis and she's in New OrleansI can't go on like this she keeps haunting my dreamsChorus 3Louisiana Lady gotta hold of my soulIt's driving me crazy cause she won't let goNow I'm sticking out my thumb on the side of the roadTrying to get back home to my Louisiana LadyLet the good times roll let the good times rollLet the good times roll O let it roll
Find something you love to do so much you will do it for free, and learn to do it so well they will pay you for it.

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: "Louisiana Lady"

Post by ontariolightning » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:14 pm

hey again...well this story is very familiar but I cannot remember what its called but it was written the same way so I am not too crazy over this but looking at the lyric theres a few things i seelike a few typos on your chorus, she won't let go instead of want and on 2nd verse its too long and not to, I stumbled on that part cause of the typo also it should be here and not hearI'm not sure why let the good times roll is at the end of the chorusesI don't see it has anything to do with the storyIt would be better left off at just louisiana lady in my opinion

jjktunes
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jjktunes » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:49 pm

Are you sure your not my english teacher from jr. high? Thanks for the edit advice. When you remember let me know.
Find something you love to do so much you will do it for free, and learn to do it so well they will pay you for it.

momof4
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by momof4 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:07 pm

i'm not familiar with the song ontario is talking about, so just going on first-read here, i really dig this. everything rolls off the tongue really well and the rhythm of the words/phrases is great. it's kind of creepy b/c i just wrote a song about "letting the good times roll", so i may need to rehash that - it's just interesting when someone writes something that was on your mind! although mine wasn't really linked to N.O., and yours, appropriately, is. however, that in mind, i tend to agree with Aaron that it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rest of the song, your Louisiana lady. (and i'm not just saying that b/c of my other song!) erin

jjktunes
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jjktunes » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:56 pm

Let the good times roll is what he is going to do when he gets back to his Louisiana Lady.:)

motomyrtle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by motomyrtle » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:25 pm

hi guys,the first verse - channel (pre-chorus) and chorus are great - except for the last lineusually the only thing that should be repeated in the chorus is the titleleft as is - listeners would think the title is - 'let the good times roll' just stop with "Lousiana Lady"you can add the 'let the good times roll' as an outro tag if you really want to use it but it adds nothing to the song - which means its a distractionverse 2 isn't a verse in the traditional sensemelodically it would be considered a bridgewhich makes he song's structure: V PC C B C PC C which could work if your melody is killer -for me, the story is all theregood luck with thisJMHOCheryl FWIW - just passing on something I heard Louisiana Lady was written by John Dawsonperformed by New Riders of the Purple Sagecould present a payment problem with your PRO it has happened before if a popular song has the same title

matthoggard
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matthoggard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:41 pm

OK for the record."let the good times roll" is THE motto of New Orleans. I cant remember the french translation Le bon du temps or something.The reason Aaron thought is was familiar is the song "Lousiana Woman Mississippi Man"Conway Twitty and Loretta Lynn recorded it (i think) but it was a HUGE country hit in the 70's.Several big artists recorded it.

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ontariolightning » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:54 pm

yeah i know that song, that's one of them, theres one other i cannot think of!

momof4
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by momof4 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:32 pm

for the record, the French version is "Laissez les bon temps roulez!" or at least that's the exact translation...it's possible i got it wrong due to some French idiom, but i'm pretty sure that's it. don't you feel more educated now?!

momof4
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by momof4 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

unless i'm wrong...but you'd still be educated...just on the extent (and sparcity) of MY education...lol