Lyrics wanted for a specific listing

Find people to work with!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Lyrics wanted for a specific listing

Post by Casey H » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:47 pm

Just to be clear, I'm not saying the split HAS to be 50/50, if 2 people agree on a split, that's up to them. However, I strongly feel that the co-writer should share in any Film/TV sync fees. So, if for example, you make the composition 65/35, you would do the same on the master so both PRO and sync are shared by the same percentages.

But please keep in mind that if the song gets placed in Film/TV, it most likely wouldn't have happened at all without that co-writer's work.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:02 pm

Casey H wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:47 pm
However, I strongly feel that the co-writer should share in any Film/TV sync fees.
Fair enough.

Casey H wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:47 pm
But please keep in mind that if the song gets placed in Film/TV, it most likely wouldn't have happened at all without that co-writer's work.
While this is true, a car does not really drive without air in the tires, but that air is not expensive.

I guess am just being me, who generally does not pay all that much attention to lyrics. To me, it is all about the emotion conveyed by the composition. But certain genres, e.g. rap, on vinous lyrics strongly depend on the lyrics.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

CTWF
Impressive
Impressive

Post by CTWF » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:45 pm

Different story IMHO if the lyricist supplies the main melody (top line) as well and the vocals are contracted out. Then 50-50 with the producer starts to make sense.

I agree that in sync music all stems should be 50-50, because no library would mess with a different split for the instro.
https://soundcloud.com/ctwf --> 0|°_°|0 <-- I am a producer/composer with TV & radio placements around the globe. -- Music is the mathematical transmitter of human emotions.

cowriter
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by cowriter » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:53 am

Thank you CTWF for your contribution. I also feel a bit disadvantaged with a 50/50 split when I look at the money I constantly invest in my studio and add my know-how as a producer, musician and singer on top of that. But in this case, a small advance payment (cost share) can also be agreed and from then on it is 50/50. Everything can be discussed and if you clarify these things beforehand, nothing stands in the way of a promising cooperation.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:34 pm

cowriter wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:53 am
I also feel a bit disadvantaged with a 50/50 split when I look at the money I constantly invest in my studio and add my know-how as a producer, musician and singer on top of that. But in this case, a small advance payment (cost share) can also be agreed and from then on it is 50/50. Everything can be discussed and if you clarify these things beforehand, nothing stands in the way of a promising cooperation.
This ^^^^ :D