Make that 6!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Make that 6!

Post by lboogie77 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:33 pm

Got another forward! Hope I can keep this up. D071008BYOriginal BROADWAY SHOWTUNES-style INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) are needed by the President of an LA-based Music Library. Style-wise, think along the lines of famous musicals such as “Cabaret,” “Chicago,” “A Chorus Line,” and “Moulin Rouge.” He wants “old school” type of Broadway music - he’s NOT seeking Andrew Lloyd Webber type of material. =-) Even Las Vegas-type showtunes will work. IMPORTANT: your track must have an ending - no fade-outs, please. He’s seeking tracks in the 1:00 - 2:30 minute range..... D070827RA Got 2 forwards for this one Original versions of the Traditional/Public Domain spiritual hymn/song “ROCK OF AGES” are needed by a Music Library/Publisher with many high-level network contacts and TAXI song placements (mostly network TV shows). Both VOCAL and INSTRUMENTAL versions are OK. A cappella versions are fine as well. They’re open to a fairly wide variety of instrumentation, but keep it as close to a traditional arrangement as possible.... Y070907INThe Owner of a new Music Library needs a wide range of DRAMA INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) for MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/HORROR SCENES for use in film/TV/commercials, etc. This production music veteran signed dozens of TAXI writers to his previous company, and wants to repeat that same type of success with this new venture. He needs tracks with button ending - no fade-outs.....Y070920INEPIC/DRAMATIC ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) a la NFL Films productions are sought by the Music Supervisor of a major cable TV sports network. Tracks that "move" with energy are important - think marching down a football field, for example. Marching band-type tracks will work, as will tracks that incorporate brass/wind instruments, but all orchestral instrumentation is OK. Watch any NFL Films video/TV show to get a good feel for what is being requested....D070713CPA New York City-based Music Library with tons of TV (network & cable), trailer, and commercial credits is seeking a TV/FILM MUSIC COMPOSER/PRODUCER to hire for a full-time staff position. They need someone who’s versatile in many different styles and “doesn’t sound like everyone else.” ....

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Make that 4

Post by gitarrero » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:26 pm

congrats on the forward!it would be interesting to listen to your piece - can you post it?thanks,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:03 am

Chek out the tune on my taxi page.www.taxi.com/lkeysSports Epic 1

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:00 pm

Make that 5. Got the go on a Drama mystery thingamajig.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:03 am

77, that epic sports one is really nice, really hits the nail on the head target wise.Best of luck to you!matto(I had a couple forwarded for this one as well...so best of luck to me too )

lboogie77
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lboogie77 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:03 pm

Is that Mr 14,000 post giving me kudos?Thanks Matto. I was havin a nice week until you told me you got a "couple" of forwards for that one too. Well, back to composing for me Are your tunes for the sports thing up anywhere?Love 2 hear. The more I listen to my piece, the less I like it. I think it could have been better, IE the strings got sort of mechanical towards the end and some other techy stuff should have been more up to par. I also thought the opening snare thing was too loud. And the title? Man Im bad with titles... But in the end grateful for the forward.Much success to you too,Thanks again.77

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Congrats to you!!!! Your music is great and you deserve it!!!cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:57 pm

Hey Sermone,You're sure on a forwarding roll. Nice track for the ala NFL Films.Congratulations,Dave

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm

Quote:Is that Mr 14,000 post giving me kudos?Thanks Matto. I was havin a nice week until you told me you got a "couple" of forwards for that one too. Well, back to composing for me Now now...I've never worked for this company so your chances are as good as mine...that's the beauty of Taxi...level playing field.Quote:Are your tunes for the sports thing up anywhere? Love 2 hear. Here you go:"Fall Legends"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... =1"Pigskin Warriors"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 1Quote:The more I listen to my piece, the less I like it. I think it could have been better, IE the strings got sort of mechanical towards the end and some other techy stuff should have been more up to par. I also thought the opening snare thing was too loud. I'm not 100% happy with mine either; I think they're on target, and apparently the screeners agreed (each was screened by a different person), but among other things the mix is not 100% to my liking (although not quite as bad as the mp3 downconversion makes it sound ). Plus they're kind of too similar.But that's what can happen when you're trying to make deadlines... I also find my first efforts in a given style are rarely my best...haven't really done any of this "epic sports stuff" before, so it's kind of uncharted territory for me...Quote:And the title? Man Im bad with titles... But in the end grateful for the forward.Well I do like my titles... Let's see what happens... matto

cj

Post by cj » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:08 pm

Good stuff dude Keep it up!!!!~~