Man For All Seasons

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sjtelford
Active
Active

Man For All Seasons

Post by sjtelford » Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:19 am

MAN FOR ALL SEASONS(S. TELFORD)Daddy used to tell me stories and sing to me in bedHoping that I'd fall asleep, or stop crying insteadI always was Daddy's favourite, always by his sideJust standing beside him, Gave me reason not to hideHe always put his arm around me, wiped up every tearTold me that I was the one, but now he isn't hereDaddy left me, long before he shouldGot up and left and headed for HollywoodI don't blame Daddy, I'm sure he had his reasonsAnd he'll always be, a man for all seasonsDaddy was my one true friend, but sometimes told me liesPromised me a world of chocolate beneath a yellow skyI was always Daddy's baby, lying on his chestListening to anecdotes upon his only vestHe always kissed me on the cheeks when I criedBut since he's gone, it feels like he's diedDaddy left me, long before he shouldGot up and left and headed for HollywoodI don't blame Daddy, I'm sure he had his reasonsAnd he'll always be, a man for all seasonsDaddy used to be my guiding light,But now he isn't in my lifeI just hope my daddy, doesn't feel too bad at nightDaddy left me, long before he shouldGot up and left and headed for HollywoodI don't blame Daddy, I'm sure he had his reasonsAnd he'll always be, a man for all seasonsI don't blame Daddy, I'm sure he had his reasonsAnd he'll always be, a man for all seasons

countrysongwriter1
Active
Active

Re: Man For All Seasons

Post by countrysongwriter1 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:44 pm

Pretty Goooooooooooooooooooood