Masters & Meta dada

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pether7

Masters & Meta dada

Post by pether7 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:31 pm

John Fulford mentioned in a Taxi episode a music file converter for our uploads. He had stated that it was excellent for meta dada and the mp3 conversion. Does anyone know of that program, and or something good to get me started.?

I'm having a problem in wavelab 8, converting to bit rate Mp3 16/192. I also may have the rate for submission incorrect and not finding guide lines on the Taxi site.

I was given a site to go to by Kimberly and it seems ok, but I have a new Mac Pro and a bunch of stuff to convert. I'm sure I need a good program for all that data to convert, and keep meta data and differences in line and tight.

Any pointers, tips tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks....
Paul

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Masters & Meta dada

Post by jonnybutter » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:32 pm

I think all Dada is Meta. :lol: :lol:

Couldn't resist. sorry.

I use Audacity, which is a free multitrack audio editor, which also has meta data editing. Some people use Soundminer, and Metabliss looks cool, but I haven't tried it. I am pretty sure there as a thread about this not too long ago, but I can't seem to find it. Must be using the wrong metatags!! 192kbps is the max bandwidth for mp3s

pether7

Post by pether7 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Ha Ha;;;;;
Yep your right, but when I mentioned meta data, I'm kinda focused on typing in all the stuff. My mastering program changes the file size, and when I, Type in Names, company, so on and so forth. I don't want to do all that for all 200 or so songs, and for all the files times 10. I think what John mentioned was that sound miner would collate all that dada. I do have a short between the head phones when it comes to computer file management, program file management, and the many differences file management for different applications, and there are many. Computer files receive the file size and type (Name/wav /bit rate/ sample rate/file size), however they for some reason don't get or store all other stuff (id3 / isrc / bwf / and a bunc of other stuff), Yet the mastering program put that info in. If it's burned to cd from the mastering program the cd has that info. when i try to burn a cd from the computer micro soft never puts that info on for me. and i typed it way to many times never made it work. Thats probably the short between the head phone perhaps. lol

I just wright and record, the rest of it is kinda a time wasting nusence, and I if I could pay some one to do all that I would get much more music recorded.

I since found what you mentioned and a few others, I do very much appreciate your help.
paul
ps

Hope the learning curve is not to steep, and with me it's more curve than learning

Len911
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by Len911 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:11 pm

Paul, it does say 192, but many use 320.

I don't have wl8, I still use wl6, but it's probably worthwhile to figure out what's going on wrong in the wl8
https://soundcloud.com/huck-sawyer-finn
Not an expert on contemporary music

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:29 am

I use itunes. Once your file is converted to mp3 your metadata should stick. If you're trying to attach metadata to a wav file it won't work.

pether7

Post by pether7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:08 am

Thanks to all for your help.

It seems the meta data was there and correct, again I have a new mac and wl8 converted, but my weakest part is the comp. files, and inspecting the file it seemed it was not present and i could not find the meta data, but in itunes listen files all the info was indeed there.

I love the music all round, I luv the engineering the tunes, it's my element, but I get kinda turned around in the comp stuff. It's a constant struggle, but I'm working on it. I have a couple of hundred tunes on a external ssd drive, i have down loaded them from a failing lap top, so I'm transferring these tunes to rework, store, and bring up as I need them for Taxi listings. A work in progress right.

Again I so appreciate your help...........

Paul

P.S.
I can barely figure out these forums, still cant get my photo up, but I'll get it.
I am a beam power guy, luv the warm glow of kt88s, the wide hum of the celestions, ultimately sonic bliss prefered.

jonnybutter
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jonnybutter » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:23 pm

You can also get metadata and any other info about any file on a mac by selecting the file (single click) and hitting command I. (the little apple key and the letter 'I'.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:08 am

jonnybutter wrote:192kbps is the max bandwidth for mp3s
for TAXI uploads. Otherwise sure 320 etc.

If I need to make mp3 conversions and imbed meta dada i just use iTunes.

andygabrys
Total Pro
Total Pro
Location: Summerland, BC by way of Santa Fe, Chilliwack, Boston, NYC

Post by andygabrys » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:09 am

eeoo wrote:I use itunes. Once your file is converted to mp3 your metadata should stick. If you're trying to attach metadata to a wav file it won't work.
but you can imbed meta tags into AIF files in iTunes......as one taxi friendly library asks for right EO?