me again

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

me again

Post by apjc10 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:20 am

Once again this is my first time and I have now three songs up on soundclick that I would love to hear back on. "Halfway to You and I" is only done through the first chorus but I wanted to get some feedback before I kept working...I am kinda uncertain about it. The other two are much closer to finished. I am mainly concerned with feedback about the songs themselves because as of right now I have done the mixing and I am not a mixer, I am just a writer. However, if you are good at mixing and you know what I am doing wrong...please let me know.p.s.-does anybody know why a couple of the songs are playing at slower speeds when on hi-fi? (at least they were when I checked to make they worked...maybe they won't for you)thanks againGod blessgo to soundclick.com/alanpowell

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: me again

Post by apjc10 » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 am

hey...just figured out that I can use my taxi page...don't know why I didn't think of that before!taxi.com/alanpowell

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Tue May 29, 2007 6:57 am

Quote:However, if you are good at mixing and you know what I am doing wrong...please let me know.If it would be of any use to you, I'd be quite interested in doing a new mix of "I'm Not Fine" if you were prepared to send me through the original multitrack files as WAVs. I do freelance mixing for Sound On Sound in the UK (if you know it), if that's of any bearing. Up to you.

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Tue May 29, 2007 7:19 am

Quote:triviul - do you mean that you have done mix rescue episodes for the SOS magazine? I always enjoy reading those. Those are the ones -- glad they've been useful, because they take a while to put together! Paul's done most of the remixes, but I've started taking some of them off his hands recently.Quote:Getting that feedback from an expert is a great opportunity. Don't know about expert, but it'd at least be a new take on the track.

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by apjc10 » Tue May 29, 2007 11:07 am

Yea that'd be great...just let me know where you want the waves sent. I'm using protools and am wandering if that means I need to bounce every sound down to an individual mp3 or can I just send you the whole session. Also, there are a lot of things that are not the final take vocally and instrumentally but if you just want to do it to make it sound better, by all means. I really appreciate the feedback and the compliments on the voice...singing is not my strong suit so it means a lot. God bless

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Tue May 29, 2007 7:56 pm

Wow! Great song! Very soulful. I'd say just keep it going. You'd just need to put down the right sounds, correct some timing, and you have a winner! And maybe shorten the intro...And if that's you singing, well, - I'd call that very close to an Armani suit Great work!

triviul
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by triviul » Tue May 29, 2007 8:47 pm

Quote:Yea that'd be great...just let me know where you want the waves sent. I'm using protools and am wandering if that means I need to bounce every sound down to an individual mp3 or can I just send you the whole session. Also, there are a lot of things that are not the final take vocally and instrumentally but if you just want to do it to make it sound better, by all means. I'll PM you about all this in a moment...Quote:singing is not my strong suit You have *got* to be kidding me! Maybe that's why you mixed it low...

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by apjc10 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:44 pm

Quote: You have *got* to be kidding me! Maybe that's why you mixed it low...It definitely plays into my mixing a lot. I tend to want to layer and lower...but also I really like it better when the vocals sit back in the track...I really appreciate the encouragement though.

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by apjc10 » Tue May 29, 2007 10:49 pm

Quote:Wow! Great song! Very soulful. I'd say just keep it going. You'd just need to put down the right sounds, correct some timing, and you have a winner! And maybe shorten the intro...And if that's you singing, well, - I'd call that very close to an Armani suit Great work!Thanks...that is me. So you don't like the random guitar progression at the very beginning? Also, do you think that it should live drums? I am assuming you are referring to "Halfway to You and I" on your comments...lol...I could be wrong and none of what I am saying would make sense.God blesshttp://taxi.com/alanpowell

mixopenta
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mixopenta » Wed May 30, 2007 12:08 am

Yeah, it's "Halfway to you and I", I'm sorry for leaving that little detail out of the equation. my bad.Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy the "radio" guitar intro, just that it could be a little shorter, it's going on for almost a good 20 seconds. Halfway through the intro I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with the player, or my PC, or something Normally, I'd just put an r&b loop on it, but that might make it too predictable an arrangement, so - live drums...why not? Judging by the other tracks you have up on soundclick (the firewall I'm behind is blocking taxi's streams so unfortunately I can't access those on taxi), you seem to be pretty creative, so I'm totally confident you make the right choice.Thanks for sharing, your songs are very, very good (you have a really good voice, don't shy them away in the mix)! Keep up the good work!