Medievel return

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Medievel return

Post by dabresk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm

Had a return on this one. Comments please? Kinda baffled on this one."Come to All Courts"http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... anksBresky

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Medievel return

Post by silvercord » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Bresky...i really enjoyed it...did you get a taxi screener review on this?maybe you could post them as to see what was in their mind.(greetings from a fellow Michigander by the way!)

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dabresk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm

Unfortunately, this was a Y/N listing.Where you at in Michigan? I'm in da great UP....Bresky

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:09 pm

well i don tknow why it was returned..man its right up the alley...hang on to that one for sure!I was borm and raised in the "thumb" of Michiganin the county seat of Tuscola...a place called "Caro"ive been in Seoul the last 6 years though, cant say i'd go backany time soon~where'bouts are you in the U.P., eh?

dabresk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dabresk » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Up in the Keweenaw.....288 inches of snow this year. And it's still cold! Miserable winter this year.Yeah, I thought this was right on the mark. Kelysian had a forward on this listing, and it was very similar to what I did, so that's why I am baffled.Any other comments folks? Would appreciate it.Bresky

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:12 pm

Bresky..since this was a Y/N listing...i bet it was the president of the music library comming in to screenon this one. If not it would mos def. be forwarded...288 inches?:O my goodness...Seoul had like..um 4?about Come to All Courts"...the songs on these kinds of listings seem to have go through an added step in the whole process. So maybe he was looking for a certain mood in his own thoughtsthat somehow didnt make it into description in the listing...but i hope it doesnt get you down. i think you could create a verycool "b' version with some old english bard chant or somethingto that effect.thats the beauty of these things..when we create them and asthough they may be returned..we still have 'em...and thatsbuilding a good library of your own!(Err...trust me..im building mine too;)peace

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Hey, Bresky. This is a great little piece - I wish mine had more of the horn instrumentation yours does.I think the only difference here is that your lead flute instrument doesn't seem 100% natural. If they're looking for authentic performances, this might be the one thing that holds it back.If you want a live instrument for that melody in the future, PM me. I'm all about trading tracks.Kathleen

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu May 01, 2008 5:29 am

The piece is very good an highly appropropriate, but I agree with Kathleen, the flute sounds too midi. You did the best you could to make it sound less midi, but for a sparse and 100% acoustic style like this, having a midi lead instrument is always dicey.Take Kathleen up on her offer, and I think you'll have a winner!