"Mediterranean" Solo Piano

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

"Mediterranean" Solo Piano

Post by MBantle » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:08 pm

Dear All,
I am struggling a bit with this listing as I am not sure "Mediterranean" is the right word here... Listening to the references, one of the Artists is Armenian, the other one from Azerbaijan, the next one Russian and the only guy who is actually from a Mediterranean country (Ludovico Einaudi, Italian) is playing a song called "Elegy for the Arctic". To me the sound is rather Central/Eastern European and the first song remembers me a bit of Yann Tiersen (Amelie)...
Please let me know your thoughts. I am trying to get into the ballpark and it seems something that sounds like being on a beach in France is not what they are looking for :)
Cheers,
Matt

ORIGINAL MEDITERRANEAN SOLO PIANO or PIANO-Based INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Leading International Music Library with worldwide distribution through Universal! This company has just started requesting music from TAXI members, so it's very unlikely that you’ve got any music in their catalog. This is a killer opportunity to get in a very busy Music Library!

Quoting the Music Library: “We do NOT want any Western or American style pieces. Instrumentals should have a sound that represents a Mediterranean styling.”

They’re looking for Instrumentals in a variety of Styles, Tempos, and Moods that could generally be right up the alley of (but not limited to) these references that the Music Library provided to us:

"Valse” by Evgeny Grinko:

“Elegy For The Arctic” by Ludovico Einaudi:

“ANTSCHO” by Adanayi Voghperge:

“Ölsəm Bağışla” by Emin Sabitoğlu:

NOTE: They would also love to hear Piano-based Instrumentals with a Bass and Lead instruments like (but not limited to) the Flute, Ney Duduk, Clarinet, Accordion, and/or Violin.

Please submit well-crafted Piano or Piano-based Instrumentals that can instantly help set a Mediterranean location and mood. Your submission should have compelling melodies and solid musicianship without getting too busy or overly complicated. You’d be wise to keep them simple enough that they don’t get in the way of dialog. Be sure any virtual instrumentation you use sounds indistinguishable from the real thing. Anything that sounds stiff, unnatural, or obviously quantized and MIDI-driven will not work for this request.

TAXI Tip: Google says there are 21 countries on the Mediterranean Sea, and as far as we're concerned, all 21 are fair game for this request. Your submissions can have influences from Mediterranean countries like Spain, Greece, Albania, Italy, Croatia, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, etc., etc., etc.

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length. Non-Faded endings will work best for this pitch. Do NOT copy the referenced artists or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the Instrumentals you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than11:59 PM(PST), on Thursday, March 21st, 2019. TAXI #D190321MI

JeanieLarkin
Active
Active

Re: "Mediterranean" Solo Piano

Post by JeanieLarkin » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi Matt,

I totally agree, the references do not sound Mediterranean to me either - like you noted more Eastern European.

Despite that, I actually got inspired and started writing (using the references rather than the more Latin vibe I'd naturally associate to the Med), only to notice it's a dispatch listing isn't it? I'm not yet ready to upgrade as I'm still too new to this. Might still finish it though just in case something similar pops up.

For now, back to trying to master the mainstream genres... 😔

Best of luck with it!

Jeanie

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:08 am

JeanieLarkin wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:58 pm
Hi Matt,

I totally agree, the references do not sound Mediterranean to me either - like you noted more Eastern European.

Despite that, I actually got inspired and started writing (using the references rather than the more Latin vibe I'd naturally associate to the Med), only to notice it's a dispatch listing isn't it? I'm not yet ready to upgrade as I'm still too new to this. Might still finish it though just in case something similar pops up.

For now, back to trying to master the mainstream genres... 😔

Best of luck with it!

Jeanie
Hi Jeanie,
I am not sure it is a Dispatch listing. I did not upgrade to Dispatch as yet and was able to submit tracks for this listing the regular way. Good luck with this listing!
Cheers,
Matt

JeanieLarkin
Active
Active

Post by JeanieLarkin » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:54 am

Hi Matt,

Really? I'm sure it came through in a Dispatch e-mail but was amongst the regular listings which is why I'm confused but if you can say we can submit... I'm on it!

Thanks!

Jeanie