Melancholy Homecoming - too long?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Melancholy Homecoming - too long?

Post by hummingbird » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:39 am

I was planning to submit this to "A new Music Library specializing in drama music only needs a wide variety of DRAMA INSTRUMETALS for projects including TV, promos, trailers, advertising, industrials and scoring. They're seeking dark/moody type tracks that would work well in dramatic scenes of all kinds. He's open to styles such as Traditional Orchestral, Modern Orchestral, Rock, Electronic, and Jazz. They don't want anything happy or comedic. Tracks need to be 0:30 -- 2:00 in length. "but it's too long (3:25min). Should I edit it down, or send it as is?http://www.vikkiflawith.com/song/0feedback on the piece appreciated too.thanks!Hummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

andreh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Melancholy Homecoming - too long?

Post by andreh » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:58 am

Vikki-Without even listening to the piece I'm going to say YES, edit it down...don't give them ANY reason to pass on your music if you can avoid it!Even if TAXI forwards it (which they may not for the sole reason that it doesn't fit the description's length requirements), the listing party may be concerned not only about your ability to write great music, but also how well you can take direction and deliver to their specific needs.Andre
The greatest risk in life is risking nothing.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Melancholy Homecoming - too long?

Post by hummingbird » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:05 am

Quote:Vikki-Without even listening to the piece I'm going to say YES, edit it down...don't give them ANY reason to pass on your music if you can avoid it!Even if TAXI forwards it (which they may not for the sole reason that it doesn't fit the description's length requirements), the listing party may be concerned not only about your ability to write great music, but also how well you can take direction and deliver to their specific needs.AndreYou're right, it should have been a no-brainer that I'd need to send nothing less (or more) than they asked for. Duh!!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Melancholy Homecoming

Post by hummingbird » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:32 pm

I've trimmed this down to 2 mins, and it's posted here:http://www.vikkiflawith.com/song/0I'd really like some constructive feedback on mix/production aspects of this, if ya'll have a mo