MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL / NEW AGE - Forwards

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL / NEW AGE - Forwards

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi,I got two forwards to this listing…… Relaxing, MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL / NEW AGE COMPOSITIONS (no vocals) are wanted by an Austrian Production Co. for CD compilations to be used in European Wellness Hotels. He wants smooth, easy-listening, melodic instrumentals. Stay away from complicated structures. Instrumentally, he wants to mainly hear acoustic guitar, piano, flutes, and soft saxophones. But NO solo piano tracks - accompaniment is needed for piano tracks. Great performances are essential.I submitted four and got two forwarded....I Don't Seek http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueOld Friends ( short Version)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueThe long version of Old Friends was returned because the string sounded Synthie... ( I used sonic implants---- let me know if you think they are synthie sounding-- but more importantly, how I can get them to not sound synthie....Old Friends( Long)http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=trueI am so happy to be forwarded on this listing.....Bob

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: MELODIC INSTRUMENTAL / NEW AGE - Forwards

Post by billg » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:21 pm

Congrats Bob! Actually I like the long Old Friends better. The strings probably do sound a little synthie. I have no advice, but I'm sure spending more money is the answer. That's what seems to fix everything! Congrats again!

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:08 pm

congrats they both sound great...!

mewman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by mewman » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 pm

Congratulations Bob. Old Friends reminds me of Bill Evans' "Peace Piece". I think the strings issue is a combination of articulation choice, voicing and reverb settings. The piano has more reverb than the strings, causing the latter to stand out more. I find that you can get a lot more out of a not so fantastic sample by burying it in reverb. You can create depth in a recording by varying the reverb amount. The less reverb, the more up front the sound is. The more there is, the farther back on the stage the instrument "appears" to be. At any rate, you got two forwards for two well done tunes! Good luck!mewman

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:25 pm

Hey Bob,Congrats man. Two for two for this listing is fantastic. But after hearing the pieces I'm not surprised. I love "Old Friends" not sure which version I prefer. But man, after listening to yours and Jeff's pieces I don't have a care in the world. Hope these make it onto the compilation.Derek

keithl
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by keithl » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:54 pm

Great pieces, Bob....I did enjoy Old Friends (short version) and enjoyed the instruments you chose for the piece...congrats!

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi B.Flat,Thanks,--- the flute is actually a Low Irish Whistle, it blended well with the soprano sax.Bob

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Hi BillG,Yeah, more money... isn't that always the case... I wish the sonic implants would come with instructions.... there is a small readme file, both a manual would be nice.....what's tickles me is the screener suggested in earlier critiques to get Sonic implants--- so I did, now they suggest Vienna strings.I think I just need to zero in on how to use the software better.Bob

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:36 pm

Mewman,Thanks for listening, Bill Evans is one of my hero's, he seems to use that modal alot. Thanks for the comments on the strings, I'll give it a shot.Bob

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:38 pm

Derek,Glad you enjoyed the music..... Bob