Memory Motel

By popular demand...

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

couchgrouch
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Memory Motel

Post by couchgrouch » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:02 am

Memory MotelSome nights I take a lonely driveout to a motel on Highway 5I sit across the road in my sedanand let mem'ries take me where tomorrow can'tI can see my reflection in her ringand feel that bed with the broken springsbut she was the softest place my heart ever laidtime stands still when I think of times we stayed at the Memory Motel, the Memory MotelI dream of things that were,just when I think I'm over herI go under the spellof the Memory Motelher man at home loved gin way too muchthe more he tasted the less she felt his toucheach time he fought the urge he'd been defeatedit's easier to hit the bottle than to beat itshe'd park her red Pinto around the backso just me and the moon knew where she was atthe night's first kiss tasted of guilt and tearswith a few more those feelings nearly disappearedat the Memory Motel, the Memory MotelI dream of things that were,just when I think I'm over herI go under the spellof the Memory Motelonce we were supposed to meet same as beforeI waited but her knock never came at the doorwhen she stopped coming she couldn't returncos hell is where old bridges go to burnwhen I heard she helped her man kick the ginI loved her even more for staying with himbut the moon above me wonders what I'd doif I knew a red Pinto parks here, toowatching the Memory Motel, the Memory Moteldreaming of what used to be just when she thinks she's over meshe goes under the spellof the Memory Motel(c)2004 Robert George