Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Mixer/Producer for Pop-Rock Track Wanted

Post by regardner » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:05 am

Folks,

I recently had the following track returned:

With the following critique:

"What I like most about this song
good melody, cool song style. All the ideas are here for this type of listing.

I think you could improve this song by
tightening things up. I think that you have all of the right ideas but I find that the track feels laggy and unconnected and the vocals feel like they are too unconnected to the track. I'd suggest adding more guitar to mellow out the bass and more backing vocals and then a couple more instrumental elements to warm things up and fill in the gaps. Check out "“Let's Go” by The Highfields to see how the vocals and guitars fill everything out even though it's very crisp and rhythmic.
I returned or forwarded this song because
I find that this feels too thin and unconnected with the vocal mix sounding hollow and out of place with the track."

The track represents my best production and mixing efforts, so I recognize I'd need help to finish it at the required level of quality. I am hoping to find a producer/mixer who can take the track across the goal line.

This is the original listing to which I submitted the song:

MODERN POP/ROCK SONGS with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a great Publisher with an awesome track record of really big placements in TV Commercials!
They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs that would fall within the general range of the following references:
"Feel It Still" by Portugal. The Man
"I Want It" by 3 One Oh
“Let's Go” by The Highfields
Please submit well-produced Pop/Rock Songs that would sound awesome in a big TV commercial! Your submissions should have authentic-sounding Rock instrumentation, fun, catchy melodies, and super memorable choruses that pop right out and stick with the listener. Be sure your vocals sound current and are well-performed from top to bottom.
LYRIC TIP: When working on your lyrics, ask yourself these questions: "Will they work in advertising? Are they positive, uplifting, and fun? Are they the sort of lyric that will make listeners feel good about the product in the commercial?" That's the goal!
Do NOT copy the referenced artists or Songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.
The specific deal points will be handled on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master and Composition to submit to this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, November 4th, 2020. TAXI # S201104PR

youseeitsme

Re: Mixer/Producer for Pop-Rock Track Wanted

Post by youseeitsme » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:14 pm

I can help tighten the mix up for sure if you are interested.

Drop me a line and we can discuss what you are wanting to do.

youseeitsme@yahoo.com

-Peter

regardner
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Mixer/Producer for Pop-Rock Track Wanted

Post by regardner » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:48 am

Hello Peter,

Thanks for reaching out! I sent a reply to the yahoo address in your post.

Best wishes,
Bob