Mo' Metal Mo' Metal! Mix feedback please!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Mo' Metal Mo' Metal! Mix feedback please!

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:21 am

Hello TAXI Brothers and Sisters-
I am looking for some mix feedback for this metal track for the following brief:

Lots of METAL / HARD ROCK SONGS with Male vocals are needed by a very active Production Music Library with lots of placements on MAJOR networks!

This Company is searching for quite a number of Songs that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Enter Sandman" by Metallica

"72 Seasons" by Metallica

"Symphony Of Destruction" by Megadeth

"Hail To The King" by Avenged Sevenfold

NOTE: This Company is open to hearing both high-quality vintage recordings (recorded back in the day), OR recently recorded Songs in the general production style of the references.

Please send in original Metal / Hard Rock Songs with the same riff-heavy, powerful sound as the references! Your submissions should have intense melodies, hard-hitting rhythms, excellent musicianship, and well-written lyrics. Aggressive and memorable guitar riffs, thunderous drum beats, and raw, brutal energy are all needed! Heavy Metal instrumentation that's in the general wheelhouse of the reference Songs will work best. Please make sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high-quality and sound truly believable. Well-performed and intense vocal deliveries that are full of grit, attitude, and confidence could help you seal the deal.

Important: This company is specifically looking for Metal Songs that stylistically align well with the references! (i.e. Doom, Nu-metal, or other similar off-shoots aren't going to work here.)

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control your Masters and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, March 19th, 2024. TAXI # S240319EL

Not sure if this tune is going to work for this brief, and It is probably too late in the game for any kind of rewrite, but production feedback is more than welcome before I submit !

Here is the track: https://www.taxi.com/members/DVGQpc37Tk ... y-stevens-

Thanks and have a great weekend
Bradley Hagen Productions
Bradley Hagen (702) 513-5320
www.bradleyhagenproductions.com

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Mo' Metal Mo' Metal! Mix feedback please!

Post by AlanHall » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:31 pm

Bradley,
I'm not a metal-head myself, but your track sounds to my naive ears like it aligns with the playlist and checks all the boxes on the brief. I give it a vote of confidence ;) Good luck with it!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:33 pm

Thanks Alan...... Your productions sound great man, so feel free to pipe up if you hear something amiss

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 am

Mix sounds good mate, only thing I notice is the drum fill at 1:06'' the cymbals looks solitary in the end, but I'm a drummer and only drummers will note that :D
But the screener could be a drummer too! However I don't think they would return because of that. For me is a forward 8-)

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:23 am

WSAO wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:44 am
Mix sounds good mate, only thing I notice is the drum fill at 1:06'' the cymbals looks solitary in the end, but I'm a drummer and only drummers will note that :D
But the screener could be a drummer too! However I don't think they would return because of that. For me is a forward 8-)
Thank You!!! This is why I put stuff up here! I totally missed that, and really appreciate it man!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:31 am

@WSAO BTW, I am following you, and can see when you upload new tracks (which is quite often...impressive indeed!), but I cannot listen to them. I am assuming that they are marked "private?" If so, let me know where to listen to your stuff!

cowriter
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by cowriter » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:21 am

Hey Bradley, that sounds very good, for me the singer scores the most points here. :-) I would tweak the drum sound a bit. 3 out of 4 references fall into the Bob Rock Era with its very polished sound. Listen in particular to the bass drum, which has a clear click. I think you could match that better. Otherwise great job!

BradleyHagen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradleyHagen » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:16 pm

I have heard that from other peers.... the kick drum needs more click....4K for example, especially in the double kick sections..... Great advice, and I really appreciate your taking the time!

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:36 pm

BradleyHagen wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:31 am
@WSAO BTW, I am following you, and can see when you upload new tracks (which is quite often...impressive indeed!), but I cannot listen to them. I am assuming that they are marked "private?" If so, let me know where to listen to your stuff!
Oh!
Maybe is marked as not public, I'll check it out.
Thanks a lot, Really enjoy your work as well!
Let's keep rocking!