We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

philipmojbro
Active
Active

”Modern breakbeat instrumental” feedback

Post by philipmojbro » Mon May 10, 2021 10:48 am

Hey!

I know a few things I need to change and definitely will need to write the bridge which is just a copy/paste slot now. Also need to make a stinger ending.

That said... feedback please? (I’m entirely new to the genre so might not even be in the ballpark.)

Here’s the song so far: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7gqmndzqelx4 ... 4.mp3?dl=0

Listing:
Several MODERN BREAKBEAT INSTRUMENTALS are needed by a Music Licensing Company that specializes in music for content creators as well as TV shows and Film projects!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

"Heartbreak" by Bonobo & Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs

"Turn Back Time (Bklava Remix)" by Diplo & Sonny Fodera

"Saku" by Bicep feat. Clara La San

"Feel It 92" by Prospa

Although the references have vocals, please submit Instrumentals only for this request.

Please send top-tier, current-sounding Breakbeat Instrumentals that are rhythmically engaging from start to finish. Your submissions should have great beats, catchy hooks, state-of-the-art virtual instruments and samples, and polished production.

NOTE: Do NOT submit any tracks with spoken producer tags/watermarks as they're not usable for film and TV placements.

Your submissions should be at least 2 minutes in length and no longer than 4 minutes. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings will work best for this request.

swdaze
Impressive
Impressive

Re: ”Modern breakbeat instrumental” feedback

Post by swdaze » Tue May 11, 2021 10:02 am

Hey sounds sweet!!

I'm outa genre but here's what I hear.

You might consider dropping the bass drone in the first 40 secs. It will make the first drop a little more pronounced.

Also maybe uptempo one section with a kick on every beat then drop out to a quiet section? I hope this makes sense.

The overall sound/production is really nice.

Geo
A square peg can be an elegant solution to a round hole

philipmojbro
Active
Active

Re: ”Modern breakbeat instrumental” feedback

Post by philipmojbro » Tue May 11, 2021 10:53 am

Thanks Geo, great feedback!

I totally agree with you on both increasing intensity by adding kicks in every beat in some section and dropping intensity further in some place. That would be great to increase dynamics and keep it more interesting. Also love the idea of removing the bass initially to increase the payoff once it comes in.

All great ideas and I’ll try them! Thanks.

Philip