Momentum VST troubleshooting

with industry Pro, Nick Batzdorf

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Momentum VST troubleshooting

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:23 am

I was wondering if anyone else on here has used or is using Big Fish Audio free plugin Momentum? It looks pretty decent and I'm hoping it'll help me level up my loop game. However, I can't seem to get it loaded up in my DAW (Mixcraft 9).I dunno if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a more general problem/issue (I'm worse at using computers than I am at producing sadly! :lol: ). I've had the same issue with the Origins plugin from Cymatics (which also looks like a great free reverb plugin!). I copied the .dll files to the Mixcraft 9 3rd party VST folder but they don't show up in Mixcraft under the VSTs or when I go to the Manage Plugins tab either

Any troubleshooting advice greatly appreciated - as is thoughts on either plugin too!

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Momentum VST troubleshooting

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:58 am

I've not used either of the plugins or Mixcraft....but usually there's an installer which drops the DLL into the correct location. It's rare you have to do it manually these days but I guess it can be the case too.

If you're saying the plugins are not showing up in the DAW it usually indicates they are installed/dropped into the wrong folder. You might be able to browse to the mixcraft plugins folder and check they are in there. If not they might be in another folder.

I.e. C:Program Files > Steinberg > VSTPLugins is a common folder as a default location for installers to use. Might wanna see if it's in there, or maybe you can tell Mixcraft to add the folder as another location to check for plugins.

Also check they are the right version. I assume Mixcraft can use 32 or 64 bit plugins ? There will normally be different DLLs for each so if you have put a 32bit DLL into the 64bit folder or vice-versa it the DAW won't usually see it.

NoizeeBhoy
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by NoizeeBhoy » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Think I've identified the rookie mistake here; was trying to open 64 bit VSTs in the 32 bit version of Mixcraft :o

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:46 pm

NoizeeBhoy wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:37 pm
Think I've identified the rookie mistake here; was trying to open 64 bit VSTs in the 32 bit version of Mixcraft :o
Aha...at least you found the issue now. I'm surprised there is still a 32bit version of your DAW though ? Or have you just had it a long time ?