Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Telefunkin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Monitors sound different

Post by Telefunkin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm

Picardster wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:04 pm
The complete amplifier module is defective. Costs about 280 EUR - about half the price of one monitor....what can I do.
That's a shame, but if you like those Adams the repair is the cheapest solution.
Picardster wrote:
Now I'll have two sets of speakers as monitors: the MTMs and the A7X. Different characters. Hopefully that will improve my results :-)
I often fall into that trap - thinking that some more gear will make me better but its usually me that's the problem, not the gear :roll: . However, you're right that having another sonic reference can be helpful. I still find problems that my main and secondary monitors didn't expose when I listen on some relatively inexpensive Sennheiser ear buds. When I listen again on the monitors I can hear it, but the ear buds really focus on the important mids and make errors more obvious. I hope your MTMs do the same thing for you, but they might just be too good :).
Graham (UK). Still composing a little faster than decomposing, and 100% HI.

Picardster
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Picardster » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Telefunkin wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:27 pm
Picardster wrote:
The complete amplifier module is defective. Costs about 280 EUR - about half the price of one monitor....what can I do.
That's a shame, but if you like those Adams the repair is the cheapest solution.
Picardster wrote:
Now I'll have two sets of speakers as monitors: the MTMs and the A7X. Different characters. Hopefully that will improve my results :-)
I often fall into that trap - thinking that some more gear will make me better but its usually me that's the problem, not the gear :roll: . However, you're right that having another sonic reference can be helpful. I still find problems that my main and secondary monitors didn't expose when I listen on some relatively inexpensive Sennheiser ear buds. When I listen again on the monitors I can hear it, but the ear buds really focus on the important mids and make errors more obvious. I hope your MTMs do the same thing for you, but they might just be too good :).
I do agree in full. When the lows are gone, I hear the problems in the higher frequencies. And once I listen to the music in my car (and the lows don't kill me), then I know I got it :-)

Regarding the repair - its just nonsense to throw away a half of the price of one monitor and be left with only one imho. So I thought it might be the most reasonable solution here. They can last for another 10 years or so - hopefully.

Cheerio/Stefan

superblonde
Impressive
Impressive

Post by superblonde » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Did it get a power spike or something to fry it?
. . . www.superblonde.org "All Kale Seitan! ♭II ‼" -Moshpit Chant of the Vegan Metalhead

Picardster
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Picardster » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:44 am

superblonde wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:42 pm
Did it get a power spike or something to fry it?
I don‘t have the slightest idea what happened. The ADAM engineers also couldn‘t tell me 🤔