Mozart Symphony

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

martinmichelson
Active
Active

Mozart Symphony

Post by martinmichelson » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:15 pm

ORCHESTRAL INSTRUMENTAL VERSIONS of MOZART PIECES are needed by a Music Licensing Company that’s building a new classical music collection for Film and TV placements.
Examples:
Mozart Symphony No. 41“Jupiter“
Mozart Symphony No 38 „Prague“
Give them Classical Orchestral Covers of Mozart compositions that sound like the real deal! Your covers should stick to the original melodies and arrangements so they’re easily recognizable. Anything that sounds stiff, obviously quantized, or MIDI-driven won’t work for this pitch. Poorly produced and/or dated-sounding Instrumentation won’t get this company excited, so please pull out your best Virtual Instruments for this request.

A remarkable listing!. To realize such a symphony with virtual instruments, you would first have to get the full score and then try to play each individual instrument in its individual quality and sound. And finally, the whole thing has to come together. A huge task, if that should sound "real". The reason for this listing is obvious: No royalties for the composer (Mozart), but the sync fees for taking the recording of a real orchestra would be quite high.
By the way: I would not want to hear a Mozart-Symphony, which is recorded with virtual instruments.

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Mozart Symphony

Post by GBall » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 am

'm giving it what I hope is a pretty good shot. :)

Does anyone have any guidance on naming them though? A hundred cues with the same name (IE: The original Symphony name) isn't going to be very easy for the reviewer to navigate. Plus giving the length parameters of the request, each one isn't going to be a whole movement - it's going to be a custom edit of the submitter's choosing with an eye to the usual things for a cue, stinger endings, etc. That might affect the name?

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:51 pm

GBall wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:17 am
'm giving it what I hope is a pretty good shot. :)

Does anyone have any guidance on naming them though? A hundred cues with the same name (IE: The original Symphony name) isn't going to be very easy for the reviewer to navigate. Plus giving the length parameters of the request, each one isn't going to be a whole movement - it's going to be a custom edit of the submitter's choosing with an eye to the usual things for a cue, stinger endings, etc. That might affect the name?
What I have seen in the context of other public domain instrumental tracks is a naming convention where the initials of the 'composer' :D are added to the original title. Like "Amazing Grace XX". Maybe that is an option?
Cheers,
Matt

GBall
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by GBall » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:18 am

Appreciate it Matt - that makes sense. I'm still learning the best practices and conventions.